I ran out of the batch of roasted veggies I made this weekend… I mean, HAVE YOU MET ME? I eat them all day, ‘errday, so no wonder!
But anyway, today’s batch is smokey, balsamic-ky, caramelized, crispy, crunchy, flavourful & absolutely delicious! I used balsamic & coconut aminos to complement the smokey & savoury spices & threw in some fresh herbs & green onion for added flavour!
BTW, my trick when roasting, sautéing or grilling zucchini is to make sure to slice them pretty thick. Zucchini is made up of almost 95% WATER, so it’s very likely that if you slice them too thin, they’ll get soggy or break apart when cooked.
These veggies are great as a side dish, topping for bowls, thrown into salad or devoured as is dipped into hummus or Dijon mustard!
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- About 20 Brussels sprouts
- 1 small pack mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Rinse, clean & slice your veggies.
- Add the veggies to a large bowl with the rest of the seasonings & toss until the veggie are fully coated.
- Add the veggies to a large skillet, spray with avocado oil cooking spray & heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook the veggies, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon or spatula, over medium-high heat for about 7-9 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed & they are cooked through, caramelized & sticky.
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY! 🙂