If the body wants a smoothie for dinner, you give it a smoothie for dinner! I got home from my workout yesterday FAMISHED because Mindie worked us like a dog, I was heading back out for a spin class a couple hours later so I didn’t want anything heavy & I had a craving for something sweet, but filling & needed to refuel with all the good carbs & protein.
My logical answer? This (VERY)BERRY DELICIOUS COLLAGEN COCONUT MILK SMOOTHIE!
Loaded with tons of fibre, fruit for carbs, antioxidants & vitamin C, açai & almond butter for healthy fats, collagen for protein, beauty benefits & muscle recovery, royal jelly for more antioxidants & gut health, Ceylon cinnamon for natural sweetness & to fight of any inflammation, & spinach for greens, iron, potassium, calcium & vitamin K, this smoothie sure satisfies my criteria for a meal & a half!
Since I loaded it with tons of healthy fats & protein, I decided to keep the toppings super simple: just fresh blackberries & blueberries and some more Ceylon cinnamon! Usually, I’d add granola but when I add nut butter, I generally opt for fruits/cinnamon as my topping so that the smoothie isn’t too heavy!
This smoothie makes for a great post-workout meal, but also a super complete breakfast to keep you full all morning long! If collagen isn’t your jam, you can always choose to swap the collagen for your favourite protein powder or do 1 scoop of collagen & 1 scoop of protein powder!
Here’s what you need to make it!
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Royal jelly
- 1/3 cup homemade vanilla bean coconut milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice!)
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp. freeze-dried organic açai powder
- Huge handful of spinach
- 1/2 tbsp. organic creamy almond butter
- Fresh blackberries & frozen blueberries for topping + Ceylon cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined, smooth & creamy.
- Top with fresh & frozen berries & more cinnamon & DEVOUR.