These clean-eating gooey & chocolatey brownies are so rich & fudgy, you’d never believe they’re healthy! They contain no eggs, butter, oil, dairy, grains, flour or refined sugar… NOPE, I’M NOT KIDDING!
They take hardly any time to prepare & the hardest part is THE WAIT. I had such a chocolate craving last night but I had to wait for them to firm up overnight…needless to say, I went to bed dreaming of them. And now, MY BROWNIE DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!
They’re so delish that even your kids will love them, so make sure you double your batch! Not only will the kids love them but they also make for a super easy dessert to prep if you’re having guests over – they’re quick, delicious & super-duper presentable! I mean, look at them!!!
You know when you bite into a brownie fresh out of the fridge & it’s super chewy & moist on the inside, yet perfectly crumbly on the outside? Yep. That’s what you get with these babes!
The secret to the texture? ORGANIC PUMPKIN PURÉE (which, btw, you could swap for sweet potato, if you prefer!). Not only does it make these babies texture goals, but it also provides an additional dose of protein, magnesium, zinc, potassium, antioxidants & fibre!
PRO TIP: When buying pumpkin purée, make sure it’s just the purée & not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling generally contains preseRvatives & added sugars, whereas the purée should contain JUST PUMPKIN!
In case you’re wondering how on earth these babes are no-bake, it’s quite simple actually: add your ingredients to a bowl, throw in the chocolate chips, mix until you’ve got brownie batter (which BTW, you can lick the bowl clean of, since it contains no eggs!), press it into a baking dish, refrigerate it, wait impatiently, slice & ENJOY!
Without further ado, let’s get into what you need to make these babies!
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic creamy almond butter
- Swap for sunflower seed butter for a nut free option
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin purée OR mashed sweet potato
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- If you use sunflower seed butter, I recommend adding anywhere from 1/2 to 1 tsp. more of pure organic vanilla extract because I find the taste a little more savoury than other nut butters.
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (& a handful or 2 for topping!)
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper & set aside.
- Add the coconut flour & cacao to a mixing bowl & mix until uniform.
- Add the almond butter & maple syrup to a small bowl & melt it in the microwave (or on your stovetop) until combined (about 35-40 seconds, if melting in microwave & a few minutes if you are using your stovetop).
- Pour the almond butter mixture into the coconut four mix & add the vanilla & pumpkin purée. Mix until fully incorporated & batter is even.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish & gently press additional chocolate chips into it.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or 2 to firm up.
- Slice & enjoy!
- Keep brownies refrigerated (or in the freezer) for optimal freshness!