After a week away in Punta Cana on one of the best trips of my life (I mean… fitness + sunshine + amazing people + delicious food + the beach… do you blame me?), KITK IS BACK AT IT. And by “at it”, I mean, BACK IN THE KITCH TO WHIP UP SOME HEALTHY DELICIOUSNESS!!!!
POST-PARADISE, there’s nothing that makes me happier than getting back in my kitch to meal prep some healthy eats for the week! First on the menu this week are these Peanut Butter Goji Berry Chocolate Oatmeal Bites! You guys… these babes are so delish, they taste like a cookie!!!!! Trust me when I say, these should be on your menu for this week too (& every week, really)…
I love to have energy balls on hand to chop up into Greek yogurt, as pre or post workout fuel or as afternoon snacks! These ones are lightly sweetened with pure organic maple syrup & vanilla so they’re delicious enough to have for dessert! And wait for it… delicious enough for your kiddies & hubby to love ’em too!
Goji berries are full of antioxidants & vitamin C, help improve immunity & fight certain types of disease, promote healthy skin & eye health, stabilize blood sugar, detoxify the liver (which is the body’s main “filtering” organ that cleanses the body), boost mood & energy & help with fertility.
The cacao provides tons of iron, magnesium & even more antioxidants, while the oats provide a good dose of plant protein, fibre & good carbs! I also threw in a heaping tbsp. of ground flaxseed for some added healthy fats, skin benefits, hormone balancing & plant protein!
These babes are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free & possibly nut-free, if you sub the peanut butter for sunflower seed or coconut butter!
If you’re looking for a crumbly energy bite that’ll give you all the feels of devouring a cookie without the sugar crash & fall & instead, with a good ‘ol dose of sustained energy, you want & need these in your life! Oh & I forgot to mention just how easy they are to make. No dates, no nuts to chop up, no food processor… just a bowl & a spoon & BOOM.
Now, without further ado (because TBH, I feel like I teased you with these babies enough), let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened goji berries (You can replace them with dried cranberries, raisins or dried dark tart cherries)
- 1/2 tbsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup (You can replace it for yacon or coconut flower syrup)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. organic creamy or crunchy peanut butter (I used crunchy to make ’em extra textured & crumbly)
- 2 tbsp. raw organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & stir until fully combined & incorporated. My advice is to get your hands in there to make sure you can roll the dough into a ball without it crumbling.
- If you’re having trouble rolling it, add more peanut butter by the tbsp. until desired consistency is obtained.
- If the dough is too soft or sticky, add more oats, 2-3 tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency is obtained.
- Roll the babes into 10-12 balls, depending on desired size.
- Place the balls on a plate & refrigerate for at least an hour or until firmed up.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store in an airtight container & refrigerate for up to a week (or freeze if you want them to last longer).