Did someone say flavour?
These sautéed sweet potatoes are LEGIT the definition of delicious, savoury flavour! All you need are a few spices & seasonings & you’ve got a perfect side dish packed with beta-carotene, antioxidants, fibre & good for you carbs!
Sweet potatoes usually take forever to bake & well, let’s be honest, they’re not as quick to sauté as other veggies, but let’s also be honest that they’re worth every extra minute!!! Right? I know!
This week, I sautéed them with balsamic vinegar, curry, lemon, avocado oil & some smokey & sweeter spices to add a little kick! At the very end, I threw in tons of fresh parsley to add some greens & a bit of freshness to the mix! (BTW, cilantro would work well too!). And oh my goodness… when I tell you they’re delicious, I mean it!
If you prefer your sweet potatoes roasted, you can follow the exact same recipe (but omit the water) below & roast ’em at 425F for about 30-45 minutes, or until cooked through!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed (peel on)
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (add 1/4 cup at a time)
- 1 tbsp. organic avocado oil
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- A few pinches of nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro
- Cube your sweet potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to a large deep skillet & season with all the ingredients (except parsley, water & balsamic vinegar). Toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat & sauté the potatoes until they begin to become charred.
- Lower the heat to medium & add the balsamic vinegar & 1/4 cup water. Toss to combine & stir until all liquid has been absorbed.
- If you find the potatoes are still too hard, add another 1/4 cup of water & cook again until absorbed.
- Throw in the fresh parsley & sauté until combined with the potatoes, wilted & both potatoes & parsley are cooked through.