Italian-Seasoned Tomato Roasted Garlic Pan-Seared Chicken Breast a.k.a. But Is It Bad That This Chicken Is BAE To Me?
Ok but wait… this ITALIAN-SEASONED TOMATO ROASTED GARLIC PAN-SEARED CHICKEN BREAST IS BAE! <3
Sorry, I meant to say hello first, but TBH, I just couldn’t contain myself!!!
This pan-seared chicken is OH-SO-DELICIOSSO & OH-SO-SIMPLE!
Clean & healthy jarred tomato sauces are hard to come by, BUT they do exist! One of my go to brands is Neal Brothers & my fave one is their roasted garlic. I’m salivating at the thought of it. It’s basically the star of the show in this recipe, which contains only a few other very simple ingredients!
Plus, what’s a week without meal-prepped chicken, right?
BTW, if you rather make Italian meatballs, you can totally do that too! Keep the seasonings the same & use ground chicken, turkey or beef, roll ’em up & pan-sear them lightly or bake them & BOOM! MEATBALLS BABY! I’d probably throw in some psyllium husks, gluten-free brown rice breadcrumbs or nutritional yeast to help the babes hold together!
- 1 pack extra-lean ground chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 cup Neal Brothers roasted garlic organic tomato sauce (or other jarred or homemade sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 huge tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- OPTIONAL: Red pepper chilli flakes or Sriracha for heat!
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl with the chicken strips & toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Place the chicken strips in the skillet, making sure not to pile them & cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side, checking on them consistently to make sure they don’t burn. You’ll know it’s ready when they begin to crisp up on the outside, marinade is absorbed & the chicken is tender but no longer pink on the inside (I like to use a knife to cut through the thickest piece to check doneness before removing the skillet from the stovetop).