Here’s a fun & easy one that requires very little prep & such simple ingredients, you’ll love me forever… BUT WHO ARE WE KIDDING, you already do, right? No but seriously, this salad is super easy to prepare, crispy, crunchy, fresh, delicious, full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fibre for days, plant based protein & it’s tossed in the most delicious lemon honey Dijon dressing!
Simply put, you need this ready & waiting for you in your fridge for those days where you need to pack a quick & easy lunch, those times you can’t be bothered to prep lunch for BAE or the kiddies, those times you get home famished & you don’t wanna devour the fridge but you just want something healthy & ready STAT… Yes, you read right, this salad will answer many of your meal-prep prayers.
BTW: Did you know that hearts of palm are super rich in zinc, copper, fibre, good carbs, potassium & vitamin B6? They help boost energy levels, promote healthy digestion, improve vision, help with hair growth, fight infection & maintain healthy blood pressure levels. They also help stabilize blood sugar, boost immunity & promote healthy weight maintenance.
But that’s not all that’s in this salad… I mean, have you met this biddy? I like to load ’em up & this one is no different!!!!
It’s loaded with black beans, cucumber, pine nuts, red onion, bell pepper & I threw in some chia seeds for added fibre, healthy fatty acids, anti-inflammatory perks & plant-based protein!
But wait… there’s also a freaking hella good dressing that goes into this baby. And when I say hella good, I mean, HELLA FREAKING GOOD. If I had to describe it in two words, it’d be sweet & citrusy! You’ll love it so much, you’ll probably make it & keep it in your fridge for those lazy days when you prep a salad & you get so lazy to make a dressing that you don’t even end up eating it. REAL TALK, RIGHT?
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss how to make this babe of a rainbow bowl & the dressing that goes with it… BUT REALLY, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DRESSING!! I mean, you could season a garbage bag with this dressing & it’d taste delicious. Okay, maybe not… BUT YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 can of organic black beans (no salt added)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 heaping tbsp. organic chia seeds
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup organic pine nuts
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 heaping tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Juice of 1 small fresh orange (or 2-3 tbsp. unsweetened organic orange juice)
- 1 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl & whisk until fully combined & incorporated.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies & beans & toss until all the salad ingredients are evenly coated.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & place in the refrigerator.