I’m so excited to share so many delicious recipes with you guys this week! I had planned to do a bit of a simpler meal prep because my dad & I are travelling & my sister is in full-blown exam period. BUT, it turns out that when you get me in the kitch, I just can’t help myself! I get so inspired by simply looking into my fridge & the result is another week starting with a fridge full of healthy food! I AIN’T MAD AT IT THOUGH!
Anyway, the first item on the menu are these lemony dill sautéed veggies! I made these babies in just one skillet & in under 15 minutes!
Now, I’ll be honest, you gotta like dill to love this dish. It’s FULL of it. If dill isn’t your jam, worry not! All you gotta do is swap it out for your fave fresh herb, whether it be parsley, cilantro, mint or chives! If you prefer, you can also blend two or three of those to make it satisfy your tastebuds!
But, if you’re a dill lover like me, YOU WANT THIS EXACT RECIPE IN YOUR LIFE! There is just something about the flavour that dill adds to any recipe that makes me so happy! YES, greens make me happy.
And yes, I’m totally the girl who asks for EXTRA DILL in my tuna tartare.
Dill is actually not just a really yummy fresh herb… it also packs a hella ton of health benefits, some of which include:
- Helping reduce certain symptoms of depression
- Lowering bad cholesterol
- Providing a source of energy
- Boosting digestion due to its beneficial fatty acids, which are also anti-inflammatory
- Providing anti-microbial & anti-viral effects to the body & boosting immunity
- Fighting free radicals due to its antioxidant content
- Relieving menstrual cramps
- Providing a good source of calcium, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, fiber & iron!
Not bad for a herb, right?
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets only
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets only
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 package Cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 stalk of asparagus, ends chopped
- Juice of 3 fresh lemons
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. organic white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all your veggies to a large skillet & season with the seasonings & spices. Toss to coat.
- Cook over high heat for 10-12 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked through but still crunchy!