Chewy Collagen Coconut Butter Walnut Cookie Dough Balls a.k.a. Going CocoNUTS RN! (& What’s So Good About Coconut Butter, Anyway?)
OH MY COCONUT!!!!
These COLLAGEN COCONUT BUTTER WALNUT COOKIE DOUGH BALLS ARE TO DIE FOR.
Last night, I legit lied in bed dreaming of these babies because I made them right before bed & didn’t want to go to bed with a full tummy. Basically, I went to bed counting down the hours until I could devour these! AND I WAS SO EXCITED THAT I HAD ONE FOR BREAKY AS A TOPPING ON MY GREEK YOGURT BOWL!
To switch things up from the regular nut butters I use in my energy balls (almond, hazelnut & peanut butter are usually my go-to’s), I whipped out my raw coconut butter & let me tell you, CHANGE IS GOOD! HECK, CHANGE IS DELICIOUS!!!!!!
These babes are gluten & dairy & refined sugar free. You can even make them vegan by swapping out the collagen for your fave protein powder.
They don’t require any food processor & no baking time. They taste just like cake or cookie batter, ONLY BETTER (& LET’S BE HONEST, A LOT CLEANER & MUCH MORE NUTRITIOUS). They’re so scrumptious, MY GOD.
The added perk? VITAL PROTEINS COLLAGEN PEPTIDES for gut health, energy, post-workout recovery, strong bones, healthy hair, skin & nails, protein & amino acids for muscle tissue repair & boosted digestion. If you prefer, you can swap the collagen for your fave protein powder or even almond flour, if you want to make these a little heartier & more calorie-dense.
Want to know more about how collagen can help boost your health? Read this: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
Texture-wise? COOKIE DOUGH.
- And the walnuts add just the right amount of crumble + crunch!!
What are some of the benefits of coconut butter, you ask? I gotchu!
- It’s super rich in lauric acid, which boosts immunity & destroys harmful bacteria, virus, infection & fungus.
- Coconut butter also helps improve cognitive function.
- Boosts metabolism, which helps with healthy weight maintenance & boosts energy levels (& I’m talking a SUSTAINED boost of energy!)
- Packed with healthy fats, to keep you full & satisfied longer! The fats in coconut butter are MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides). MCTs are believed to be largely missing from people eating the Standard Western diet, because the food industry has led us to believe that all forms of saturated fats are potentially harmful. But, certain saturated fats, especially MCTs are easier to digest than long-chain triglycerides & boost heart & brain health & prevent obesity. MCTs get their name because of the length of their chemical structure. All types of fatty acids are made up of strings of connected carbon & hydrogen. Fats are categorized by how many carbons they have. MCTs are digested easily (since there is less work to do digesting carbon bonds; they are smaller so they permeate the cell membranes more easily & don’t require special enzymes for our bodies to use them) & sent directly to the liver, where they have a thermogenic effect & the ability to positively alter metabolism. Basically, they are burned by the body for energy or fuel, instead of being stored as fat.
- Full of essential amino acids, calcium & magnesium, which helps build strong bones, tissues & muscles, boost digestion & protein synthesis.
- It’s also super rich in antioxidants, which helps fight aging in the body, whether it be on the skin, bones, muscles, hair etc.
- Lastly, coconut butter supports balanced hormone levels & gut health because they combat harmful bacteria, virus, fungi & parasites.
Now, without further ado, let’s get into how to make these delicious chewy babes yours!
- 1/2 cup organic raw coconut butter
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup raw organic walnuts, crushed
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated. You might want to get your hands in there to make sure it’s fully mixed!
- Once the mixture is well-combined & incorporated, roll the babes into balls of your desired size. I made 15 medium ones.
- Refrigerate the babes to allow them to firm up for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store in the refrigerator sealed in an airtight container.