10-Minute Creamy (& Healthier) Zoodle Fettuccine With Pine Nuts & Fresh Cilantro a.k.a. Lazy Dinners Don’t Have To Be Boring or Unhealthy!
I was craving something cheesy last night but I was also kinda lazy, so I whipped up this zoodle dish in just 10 minutes! And OMG was it ever DELISH! It definitely satisfied my craving NO TAKE-OUT NECESSARY!
It’s gluten-free, possibly vegan (if you swap the Greek yogurt for a vegan alternative), refined sugar-free & made with just REAL food.
I topped it with some organic pine nuts for some healthy fats & added protein & loaded it with nutritional yeast to get that cheesy flavour with tons of B12, protein & amino acids for energy & gut health.
What’s fun about this dish is that you can really customize it to your liking! The base really is the SAUCE! The noodles you use & the veggies, protein sources, spices or seasonings you toss in are at your discretion! You can use red lentil pasta, brown rice pasta or gluten-free whole wheat pasta or you can mix some of that in with zoodles for a heartier dish! You can also swap the cilantro for other fresh herbs of your choice or sauteé some veggies & then throw them into the pan to make a primavera dish! And if you’re more of a carnivore, you can also throw in some ground turkey, beef or chicken meatballs or some lean chicken or turkey breast to make this dish more protein-packed & filling.
Basically, you get it, the possibilities are endless, so have fun with it!
The sauce is super easy to make & requires just a few simple ingredients, which I’m sure you’ve already got on hand! It’s gluten-free but not dairy-free, so if you’re looking for a dairy-free sauce, this ain’t your jam. KIDDING. There’s always a way! Swap the Greek yogurt for your favourite vegan yogurt alternative & you’re good to go!
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss how to make it (a.k.a. wait until you see how simple I’m making your life RN).
FOR THE PASTA:
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- TOPPING: Nutritional yeast
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (unflavoured)
- 1/2 cup organic 0% or 2% Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative)
- You can add about 1/4 cup more if you want a creamier sauce
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Sea salt & black pepper for taste
- Add the sauce ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat until combined, incorporated & creamy. Add more Greek yogurt if you want a thicker creamier sauce.
- In a separate skillet, add the zoodles & pour the sauce over them. Heat over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Throw in the fresh cilantro & sauté with the noodles for about a minute.
- Remove from skillet, plate & top with nutritional yeast & any other toppings of your choice (Parmesan, red pepper chilli flakes, etc.)
- ENJOY! 🙂