VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE NO-BAKE NUTTY CHERRY & CRANBERRY GRANOLA BARS, anyone?
When good quality granola bars made with REAL FOOD & real ingredients are hard to find, MAKE YOUR OWN AT HOME! It’s super easy & requires just a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
BONUS: These babes are NO-BAKE!
These babes are vegan, gluten, dairy + refined sugar free.
All the ingredients are wholesome & nutritious & guess what? YOU CAN PRONOUNCE THEM ALL.
& Wait for it… the texture on these babes is something to write home about! They’re crumbly, chewy, tender, delicious, satisfying, filling & absolutely delicious!!
What’s really fun about these bars is that you can basically customize them however you like – what matters most is the proportions of dry & wet ingredients! The base is oats, but you can swap the seeds, dried fruit & nut butters for the ones you & your family enjoy most!
AND YES… in case you’re wanting to give these to your kiddies for lunch, you can totally swap the almond butter out for sunflower seed butter to make these nut-allergy friendly & simply switch the cashews & almonds up & replace them with your fave granola, shredded coconut, tigernuts, vegan chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
These bars are great for breaky, morning snacks, pre or post-workout fuel, afternoon pick me ups, crumbled up into Greek yogurt parfaits, toppings for oat bowls & so good, you might just crave them for DESSERT!
- 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews
- 1/4 cup raw organic sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried organic unsweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried organic unsweetened dark tart cherries
- 2/3 cup organic creamy almond butter
- 1/2 to 2/3 cups brown rice syrup (Start out with 1/2 cup & adjust based on how the mixture is sticking together)
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix into fully combined & incorporated. You’ll want to use a sturdy wooden spoon & maybe even get in there with your hands to make sure all the ingredients are coming together & sticking well!
- If you find the ingredients aren’t sticking together well & it’s too dry, you can add a bit more brown rice syrup!
- Once the mix is ready, press it into a shallow baking dish (round, square or rectangular will do!) that you lined with foil or saran wrap. Use your fingers to press the mixture into the pan & make sure the corners/circumference are filled.
- Cover the pressed mixture with more foil or saran wrap & press well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting into bar shapes.
- Once you cut the bars, wrap them individually in foil or wax paper & refrigerate until you’re ready to devour!
- The bars should last up to 2 weeks in the fridge!
- ENJOY! :))