Vegan & Gluten-Free Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal Bites a.k.a. “Pretty In Purple” Is A Thing, Right?
Before I tell you how to make these delicious bites, can we dedicate a moment of silence to how gorgeous they are? I mean… are they not cookbook worthy? I know you think so too. Just admit it.
Not only are they gorg, but they’re yummy & so simple & easy to make!
All you need are 6 ingredients & your blender/food processor & you’re good to go! They’re vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free & possibly nut-free.
They make for a great snack: they’re full of healthy fats, good carbs, protein & TONS of fibre, so they’re guaranteed to keep you full & feeling great! You can also use them as toppings for Greek yogurt or overnight oats!
The blueberries also add vitamin C & antioxidants, making them great for boosting immunity, fighting free radical damage, boosting collagen production & keeping you looking & feeling young from the inside out!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or other berries of your choice
- 2 tsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. creamy almond butter (or other nut butter or nut-free alternative)
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup shredded organic unsweetened coconut & more for rolling
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until fully combined. If you find the mixture is too dry, add more maple syrup/vanilla or filtered water. If you find the mix too wet or sticky, refrigerate it for about 10 min. Texture may vary based on consistency of almond butter.
- Add some shredded coconut to a bowl for rolling.
- Roll the babes into 10-12 balls, depending how big you want them & roll 1/2 or all of them in the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate or freeze to allow them to firm up.
- ENJOY! 🙂