One-Skillet Asian Peanut Lime & Cilantro Ground Chicken a.k..a You’re Going To Go (pea)NUTS For This Recipe!
This is what happens when my sister tells me she wants ground chicken with peanuts. GROUND CHICKEN WITH PEANUTS, she gets!
So what’s the deal with this recipe?
- Minimal ingredients.
- Simple preparation.
- ONE SKILLET (Yes, that means LESS DISHES FOR YOU!)
- Meal-prep friendly.
- Gluten & refined sugar free.
- Low carb & low sugar.
Simply put… YOU WANT & NEED THIS in your life!
You can use it in wraps, lettuce, sandwiches, buns (sloppy joe style), bowls, salads or devour it as is!
As always, I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. I honestly don’t remember the last time I used soy sauce, TBH & with reason! Coconut aminos is a much healthier, more nutritious alternative & it packs way less sodium, tons of amino acids, boosts heart health & has tons of digestive health benefits!
Before we get into the recipe, let me just tell you that I give you two options for how to heat your skillet: coconut oil cooking spray or sesame oil. Now, while I do freaking adore my coconut oil cooking spray, with this recipe, I am 100% SERIOUS when I say that you NEED the sesame oil. It really does add so much more flavour to the recipe & gives it that Asian kick!
- Coconut oil cooking spray OR 1 tbsp. organic toasted sesame oil
- 2 small white onions or 1 medium, cubed
- 1 package extra-lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup organic coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 5 green onions
- 1/2 cup organic Valencia or jungle peanuts
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil OR add 1 tbsp. sesame oil.
- Once heated, add the onion & sauté until browned, translucent & fragrant.
- Lower the heat. Remove the skillet from the stove & add the chicken, cilantro, coconut aminos, lime, spices, garlic & Sriracha.
- Increase heat to medium-high & sauté the chicken with the rest of the ingredients until no longer pink & almost cooked through. You’ll know it’s nearly done once the liquids are absorbed!
- Throw in the green onion & peanuts & cook for another 3 minutes, until combined & peanuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY!