This is what happens when my sister tells me she wants ground chicken with peanuts. GROUND CHICKEN WITH PEANUTS, she gets!
So what’s the deal with this recipe?
- Minimal ingredients.
- Simple preparation.
- ONE SKILLET (Yes, that means LESS DISHES FOR YOU!)
- Meal-prep friendly.
- Gluten & refined sugar free.
- Low carb & low sugar.
Simply put… YOU WANT & NEED THIS in your life!
You can use it in wraps, lettuce, sandwiches, buns (sloppy joe style), bowls, salads or devour it as is!
As always, I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. I honestly don’t remember the last time I used soy sauce, TBH & with reason! Coconut aminos is a much healthier, more nutritious alternative & it packs way less sodium, tons of amino acids, boosts heart health & has tons of digestive health benefits!
Before we get into the recipe, let me just tell you that I give you two options for how to heat your skillet: coconut oil cooking spray or sesame oil. Now, while I do freaking adore my coconut oil cooking spray, with this recipe, I am 100% SERIOUS when I say that you NEED the sesame oil. It really does add so much more flavour to the recipe & gives it that Asian kick!
- Coconut oil cooking spray OR 1 tbsp. organic toasted sesame oil
- 2 small white onions or 1 medium, cubed
- 1 package extra-lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup organic coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 5 green onions
- 1/2 cup organic Valencia or jungle peanuts
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil OR add 1 tbsp. sesame oil.
- Once heated, add the onion & sauté until browned, translucent & fragrant.
- Lower the heat. Remove the skillet from the stove & add the chicken, cilantro, coconut aminos, lime, spices, garlic & Sriracha.
- Increase heat to medium-high & sauté the chicken with the rest of the ingredients until no longer pink & almost cooked through. You’ll know it’s nearly done once the liquids are absorbed!
- Throw in the green onion & peanuts & cook for another 3 minutes, until combined & peanuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY!