Sautéed Coconut Honey Asian-Style Veggies a.k.a. Nope, Leftovers Don’t Exist!!
TBH, this recipe started out as me being REALLY LAZY, and rightfully so. I got a little lazy because this was the last recipe I meal prepped on the weekend & yo girl was tired!
But… but… but… the flavour on them is so good that you’d never know it!
Minimal ingredients? YAS!
Minimal prep? YAS!
Making your life easy? YAS!
The main event in this recipe is COCONUT AMINOS, a soy free & gluten free alternative to regular soy sauce that’s made from coconut sap. It’s low on the glycemic index, A LOT lower in sodium than regular soy sauce, packed with minerals, vitamin C, antioxidants & B complex & tons of amino acids (the building blocks of protein), which are essential to our overall health & well-being!
Coconut aminos help increase good cholesterol levels, promote healthy digestion, burn fat, fight free radical damage & promote mental health. My fave brand is Naked Coconuts.
Flavour-wise, they will spice up an Asian recipe & take it from 0 to 100 real quick! What’s so great about them is that while it acts exactly as soy sauce would in Asian recipes, it also add a deliciously sweet flavour too so it doesn’t overwhelm in the salt department. And if you’re like me & you can’t stand how salty some Asian dishes are, coconut aminos are going to be your jam for sure!
These veggies make for a great side dish with any other Asian-spiced protein, such as ground beef or chicken, beef strips or chicken teriyaki. But, they’re so sweet & delicious that you can basically throw them in or onto anything & they’ll blend in just right! I’m talking salads, bowls, grilled veggie subs or sandwiches or wraps & yes, even… as is warm or cold!
- 20-30 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. organic coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- Add the veggies to a large skillet & season with the sauce & spices. Toss to coat.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat & cook the veggies, stirring every now & then, until cooked through & caramelized but still crunchy (about 6-8 minutes!)
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY!