I’m sooooo excited to share this simple chicken breast recipe with you guys! It’s MAGICAL in so many ways! First off, it’s probably the easiest chicken recipe to put together – all you need is your stovetop, a skillet & a few very simple ingredients!
But let me tell you, the flavour on these strips is FAR FROM SIMPLE! The savouriness of the Dijon complements the natural sweetness of the honey so well! And don’t get me started about the caramelization that makes these strips super crispy & browned on the outside but tender AF on the inside!
These chicken strips are also very versatile! You can chop ‘em up & throw them into chicken salads, bowls, wraps, pita pockets, club sandwiches or simply have them as is with a side of roasted veggies & cooked whole or sprouted grains!
BTW… Not only do I approve of this chicken, but so does my sister! BUT WAIT… this chicken is DAD-APPROVED. That’s usually a sign that the recipe was a success! I mean, I always LOVE all my recipes.. BUT WHEN DAD LOVES THEM, MY GOODNESS DO I KNOW I NAILED IT!
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 2 packs of boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. organic Dijon mustard (I used Sir Kensington’s organic Dijon mustard)
- 2 heaping tbsp. raw organic unpasteurized honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Cut your chicken breasts into strips of your desired size or keep them whole.
- Add the chicken strips to a large bowl & season with the marinade ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let marinate OR cook them right away.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat & spray with avocado oil cooking spray.
- Once heated, add the chicken strips to the skillet & let cook for about 7-8 minutes, until outside is browned & crispy.
- Use a spatula to flip & cook on the other side for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through & no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the heat & ENJOY! 🙂