Happy Saturday, babes!!!! <3
Public announcement for y’all: MACA MAPLE ALMOND FLOUR COOKIES, anyone?
What’s better than a cookie full of vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy fats, stress-relieving, energy-boosting & hormone regulating adaptogens, natural sweetness, tons of flavour & scrumptiously chewy & soft texture? NADA!
These cookies are everything you want & more in a homemade cookie! The beauty in them is that not only are they delicious but you know EXACTLY what goes into them.
They’re gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free & so yummy, nutty, indulgent & comforting, I bet you won’t be able to stop at one! They’re the type of cookie you’ll want to have with a tall glass of warm homemade nut or seed milk! And they’re so comforting that they make for a great nighttime snack!
Adaptogens are natural substances derived from plants &/or herbs that have been shown to improve the body’s ability to respond to & adapt to stress & anxiety. Maca, in particular, also boosts energy, endurance & mood by helping regulate hormones & boosting the function of the endocrine system. Due to its effect on balancing hormones, maca is also great for promoting healthy skin!
I take maca capsules daily, but I also like to incorporate raw maca into some of my baked recipes to give them an added dose of health! Maca also has a really nice nutty & chocolatey flavour, so it’s not one of those adaptogens that you’ll want to mask in terms of flavour!
BTW, in case you’re wondering JUST HOW AMAZING these cookies are, they really really remind me of my recipe for the The Chewiest Almond Flour Cookies On This Planet! That’s why I’m calling them the Chewiest Almond Flour Cookies On This Planet Version 2.0! If you’ve tried them, YOU KNOW THE HYPE IS REAL!
Without further ado, let’s get into how to make them!
- 2 + 1/4 cup organic almond flour
- 2 tbsp. raw yellow maca
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 1/8 cup organic creamy hazelnut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Feel free to sub for the hazelnut butter with a nut-free alternative, such as sunflower seed butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- TOPPING: Whole raw almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your ingredients & stir until well combined & incorporated. There should be no leftover almond flour.
- Using an ice-cream or cooke scoop or a tbsp., portion out the cookies & place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- I made 11 cookies, but you can totally make them bigger or smaller to your liking!
- Once the cookies are laid out on your baking sheet, place a raw almond in the middle of the cookie & press it down lightly.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottoms.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week & ENJOY! 🙂