Refined Sugar-Free Chunky Peach & Strawberry Vanilla Jam a.k.a. This Jam Is SO MY JAM, You Catch My Drift?
As you guys know, I used to make my own homemade jam all the time & today, I was craving it! My original recipe is with berries but these are the fruit I had on hand today. You guys know I’m all about preserving when I can & not letting food go to waste!
Here’s a link to my original recipe if you guys are interested: Kelly’s Clean-Eating Refined Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Vanilla Cinnamon Mixed Berry Jam a.k.a. It-Don’t-Get-Better-Than-This-Oh-&-Wait-Why-Do-I-Already-See-The-Bottom-Of-My-Jar-OOPSIE!
All you need is fruit, vanilla, Ceylon cinnamon, fresh lemon & some maple syrup or honey if you want to add a touch of sweetness. I personally find you don’t even need the addition of the honey or maple syrup because the natural sweetness of the fruit really shines & the vanilla & cinnamon add just the little touch it’s missing! But, do what you love & what makes this taste amazing for you!
Most store bought jams contain added refined sugars, pectin, gums, fillers & fruit juice. This jam is a cleaner alternative, but it’s just as delicious! What I love most about it is the texture of the fruit chunks! If that’s not your jam (PUN INTENDED, YES!), you can totally blend it up after it’s cooked for a more spreadable version!
This jam is great on all things toast, rice cakes, crackers, pita bread or fruit! You can even throw it into oat bowls, granola, Greek yogurt or chia pudding to add a little touch of sweetness!
- 3 ripe peaches or nectarines, diced
- 1/2 pint strawberries, diced
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup or raw organic honey
- Add all your ingredients to a stockpot or skillet, stir to combine & heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir continuously until the fruit begins to get sticky & caramelized.
- Once it’s sticky, lower the heat to medium & continue to cook until fruit has softened & you’re able to mash it with your wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once softened, remove the skillet from the heat & mash the jam with the back of a fork until desired texture is obtained OR add the jam to your blender & blend until combined. I like to mash with a fork & keep it chunky.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or jar & refrigerate.