This salad is simple but so fresh & delicious!
It’s crispy & crunchy but also super creamy thanks to the avocado!
My mom always used to whip it together for us as an after school snack or quick lunch & yesterday, I was craving it (& all the memories that came with it!).
What’s great about it is that you can have it as a meal because the avocado makes it hearty & rich in good carbs & healthy omega fatty acids! But you can totally also have it as a side dish in a smaller portion with some grilled chicken breast, seafood, fish or steak!
Let’s break down some of the ingredients in here, for good measure & to give you guys a breakdown of why you need this salad in your life (not only because it’s delicious, but also because it’s super nourishing!).
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 small pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, cubed
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & season with the dressing & spices.
- Toss the veggies in the dressing until fully coated.