As you guys know, roasted veggies are my jam but so are veggie sautés! So this week, I DID BOTH!
This one’s super savoury & full of flavour! It takes like NO time to prepare & you don’t have to preheat your oven or dirty 48533 dishes (that you’ll have to wash later)! All you need are your ingredients, a skillet & a wooden spoon & you’re good to go!
The trick is to lightly sauté for just a few minutes so the asparagus stays crunchy.
The addition of the balsamic vinegar gives this side dish an added perk: CARAMELIZATION & natural sweetness!
I threw in some walnuts for added healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, skin-boosting benefits, fighting inflammation & maintaining healthy blood sugar levels & promoting a healthy heart.
- 1 stalk of asparagus, ends chopped
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, crumbled
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- A few pinches of cayenne
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet & toss to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat & sauté the veggies for about 5 minutes, until the asparagus is caramelized, onions look slightly translucent & walnuts are toasted.
- Remove from heat, top with a few more crumbled walnuts & enjoy!