Lemon Balsamic & Apple Cider Spiced-Up Roasted Veggies a.k.a. That Meal Prep Staple That’s On #Can’tStopWon’tStop Mode!
Okay, let’s be honest, I’m pretty predictable when it comes to meal prep & roasted veggies. In case you’re wondering, what I mean is that there isn’t a week that goes by where I don’t roast up a huge batch (or two) for myself & the fam! And TBH, the batch (or two) is usually done by the middle of the week! Yes, that’s how much we like veggies!
Now, let’s also be honest that if you’re eating the same or similar raw crunchy veggies every week, they inevitably get boring, which is why it’s ALL about the seasoning! Season your veggies right & you’ll want ’em & never get bored of ’em. Season them “MEH” or fail to season them at all & you’ll reach for something else.
Speaking of seasoning, this recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients, but they’re full of flavour & they go super well together to make these veggies a savoury flavourful dream come true!
So if I had to sum ’em up?
- Mucho flavour.
- Mucho crispy crunch.
- Mucho benefits for your health.
- Mucho ways to eat & enjoy them.
- Mucho deliciousness!
Here’s how to make them:
- 2 heads broccoli (florets only)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pack cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1.5 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the veggies to a bowl & season with all the seasonings. Toss to coat with a wooden spoon.
- Lay the veggies on the baking sheet & bake for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, broil on high for 3 minutes. Watch them closely.
- Remove from the oven & ENJOY!