GLUTEN & GRAIN-FREE SWEET POTATO, TUNA & DILL BAKED PATTIES, anyone?
I AM DROOLING JUST AT THE TITLE… you?
I seriously don’t even know where to start with these babies! They are PERFECT! The tuna & sweet potato are a sweet & savoury match made in heaven!
Crumbly & crispy on the outside, deliciously moist, chewy, naturally sweet & full of flavour on the inside, these patties make for a perfect VEGGIE BURGER!
Stuff them into your fave bun, a lettuce wrap (Boston lettuce is my fave) have ‘em as is or throw them onto a Buddha bowl or chopped into a salad! HERE’S HOW I DEVOURED ‘EM FOR LUNCH:
They’re gluten free, contain no added sugar, vegetarian, dairy free & grain free! Yes, you read right, they are grain & gluten-free so they contain absolutely no breadcrumbs! Now, I’m not saying that breadcrumbs are bad, I’m just saying, it’s possible to make a perfect burger without ’em!
I loaded these burgers with fresh veggies, dill for tons of flavour & detoxifying benefits, sweet potato for antioxidants, vitamin C & fibre, a few simple spices & organic canned tuna for protein & fats!
Speaking of tuna, canned tuna is something I eat BUT it’s also something I am very careful about when purchasing. I’ve actually got a full blog post up all about what you should look out for when buying canned tuna. Read it here: GROCERY TIP: What’s The Verdict on Canned Tuna?!
Now, back to these burgers… I made these on Passover (which is why they just so happen to contain no gluten or grains), but turns out they are so delicious that I’ll probably make them again! Not only are they super duper delicious, but they’re also really easy to make! You don’t even need a food processor!
Without further ado, let’s get into the recipe!
BTW, I made 12 medium patties, but you can get away with making 15 if you make them more bite-sized or 8-10 larger ones, if you prefer!
- 2 cans organic wild albacore or skipjack tuna
- 2 sweet potatoes, microwaved, skin removed & mashed
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced finely
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (or other herb of your choice)
- Coconut or avocado oil cooking spray
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork & microwave for 8 minutes until slightly soft.
- Once cooled, cut the potatoes in half, scoop out flesh & mash in a large bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to the mixing bowl with the mashed potato & mix until combined.
- Form the burgers into 12 patties & place on the baking sheet. Spray with coconut or avocado oil to ensure crispness.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until edges are golden brown, tops are crispy & patties are firm.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.