Cinnamon Baked Almond Butter Covered Matzah Topped With Walnuts & Caramelized Bananas a.k.a. Matzah Crack: A Snack The Whole Fam Will Drool Over!
CINNAMON-BAKED ALMOND BUTTER COVERED MATZAH TOPPED WITH RAW WALNUTS & CARAMELIZED BANANAS, anyone?
YES. YOU & YOU & YOU & YOU! I KNOW YOU WANT THEM!
In the spirit of Passover, get excited about indulging in this delicious baked matzah crack! It’s a super yummy but also nutritious snack that the whole family will DROOL over, ergo, you might want to double your batch!
BTW, if matzah ain’t your jam or you don’t celebrate Passover, you can use any & all gluten-free cracker of your choice! I used gluten-free matzah, but let’s be honest, matzah ain’t my cracker of choice all year round! This snack, on the other hand, I could settle for it, everyday! And TBH, it wouldn’t even really be settling… that’s how delicious it is!
I got inspired by traditional chocolate covered matzah, which I already have a recipe for on the blog: Beautiful Chocolate Covered Matzah Topped with Fresh, Crisp & Sweet AF Strawberries & Homemade Honey Roasted Peanuts a.k.a. Chocolate-Covered-Crack a.k.a. Peace-Out-Carbs-It’s-Been-Real & decided that since I have a legit obsession with nut butter these days, I’d give this baby a try without chocolate! Just raw almond butter, banana & raw walnuts!
Here’s how to make it!
- 2-3 sheets gluten-free matzah, cracked OR any cracker of your choice
- 3/4 cup raw creamy almond butter (or other nut butter)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (start with 1/4 & add more if necessary!)
- 1/3 cup raw organic walnuts, crumbled
- Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond butter, sea salt & maple syrup to a mixing bowl & melt in the microwave at 30 second increments.
- Stir the mixture & add the almond milk. Stir until combined, creamy & smooth.
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread the almond butter on your cracked matzah pieces. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Top the matzah sliced with banana, walnuts & cinnamon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until walnuts are toasted & bananas are caramelized.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate!