LATE-NIGHT CRAVINGS FOR APPLE CRUMBLE mean one thing & one thing only: I make apple crumble but in healthier, simpler, easier & lazier form!
You guys know I’m not a fan of stopping to eat after a certain time simply because I’ve taught my body to eat intuitively & to really listen to my hunger cues. I often workout at night too so fact of the matter is, YO’ GIRL GETS HUNGRY & if & when I get hungry past 7 or 8PM, yo can be certain that I’m feeding my body!
Anywho, last night was one of those nights. I got this craving for apple crumble! My fave apple crumble is from Rockaberry’s… but let’s just say, the ingredients in it are a little less clean & simple than the ones in this baby (PLUS, TBH I WAS LAZY AF & I wasn’t about to go to Rockaberry’s anyway).
So let me break this apple crumble down for you, down to the last crumble (no pun intended) & then I’ll reveal how to make this deliciousness part of your life.
- Just a few simple clean ingredients? YES!
- Lower in sugar than any store-bought crumble? YES!
- Warm, comforting & delicious? YES!
- Craving satisfied? YES!
- Filling & nutritious without feeling heavy? YES!
- No bake, no oven, just one skillet? YES!
- Dessert-worthy? YES!
- Grain-free, gluten free & vegan? YES!
- Butter & oil free? YES!
- Crispy crumbly top? YES!
- Full of fibre, healthy fats, plant protein & anti-inflammatory benefits? YES!
FOR THE CRUMBLE:
- 1 tbsp. raw walnuts or pecans
- 1 tbsp. raw cashews or almonds
- 1 tbsp. raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
FOR THE APPLES:
- 1 honeycrisp or pink lady apple (the sweetest!)
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Shredded organic unsweetened coconut shreds
- Add the crumble ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until nuts & seeds begin to bubble & caramelize (about 3 min.).
- Remove the crumble from the stove, put it on a plate & let it cool a bit.
- In the same skillet, add your apple chunks, vanilla & cinnamon & stir to coat. Cook the apple on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, until browned & slightly softened.
- Plate the apples, top with the crumble ingredients & sprinkle some extra cinnamon or coconut shreds!
- ENJOY! 🙂