Serious question: Did meal prep even happen if I didn’t make a quinoa salad loaded with tons of plant-based goodness?
I think NOT!
This one’s loaded with:
- Whole grain organic quinoa for iron, magnesium, protein, fibre & good carbs
- Organic black beans for fibre & antioxidants
- Nutritional yeast for B12 & protein & CHEESY VEGAN FLAVOUR!
- Psyllium husks for fibre & digestion
- Raw organic pumpkin seeds for healthy fats & skin benefits
- Dried unsweetened organic figs for natural sweetness
- Onion & cucumber for hydration, crispy crunchiness, vitamins & minerals & antioxidants!
- Lime for vitamin C & antioxidants
- Apple cider vinegar for EVERYTHING! 😂
Tell me, do I know how to build a hearty quinoa salad or what?
What I love about quinoa salads is that depending on your portion size, you can have them as full on meals because they really are a great way to get in a good dose of healthy fats, carbs, protein & crunchy fruit & veggies OR you can have them as a side dish with another source of plant or animal protein OR throw them into bowls or salads to add texture & flavour! All this to say, you really cannot go wrong with having a quinoa salad ready in your fridge.
- 1 cup cooked organic whole-grain quinoa
- 1/2 15-oz. can organic black beans
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1/3 cup raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 4-5 dried organic unsweetened figs, diced
- Juice of 2 limes (or lemons, if you prefer or if that’s all you’ve got on hand!)
- 2-3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- A splash of pure organic maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions. Once cooked, fluff it with a fork & make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet & let it cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep your other ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & season the salad directly in the bowl. Once seasoned, toss to coat with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are fully coated & incorporated.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week!