So as you guys know, Passover is right around the corner, which means I’m working on my recipe game to provide myself & you guys (DUH!) with tons of healthy snack options. Believe it or not, healthy snacking on passover is definitely more limited in terms of ingredients, but believe it or not, it’s actually not that hard to put together some satisfying sweet treats to hold you over for 8 days until you can have your oats back. ‘CAUSE LET’S BE HONEST, I NEED OATS.
Anywho, enough about oats. Let’s not talk about oats today (especially if you’re reading about these babes on Passover. I would hate to be the devil that tempted you). BACK TO THESE COOKIES. THE EASIEST DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES YOU WILL EVER MAKE!!!!!
They’re fluffy, light, airy but also so fudgy & deliciously chocolatey!
They’re made with no dairy, no flour, no refined sugar & no grains whatsoever! You can even make them nut-free by subbing the almond butter for sunflower seed butter! You don’t believe me, right? I swear!
WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE HOW SIMPLE THE INGREDIENTS LIST IS. Ok wait, I think I’ll just show you now. I’d be cruel to hold this recipe from you any longer. Seriously.
One thing I will warn you about (& don’t you dare say I didn’t warn you!) is that the recipe yields enough batter for 7-8 large cookies. If you want to make ’em smaller, do it, but you’ll end up eating two at a time, trust me. Otherwise, you might want to double your batter… ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDDIES & A HUBBY/FIANCÉ/BABY DADDY/WIFEY/FEYONCÉ/SUGAH MAMA to please!!!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice OR swap for sunflower seed butter for a nut-free alternative!)
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut sugar
- 1 egg white (Whisk it!)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks of your fave chocolate bar!
TO MAKE (7-8 cookies):
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you’re doubling your batch, you’ll definitely want to use two baking sheets because they do spread!
- Mix together all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until fully combined & incorporated. There should be no leftover cacao powder.
- Scoop 7-8 cookies onto the baking sheet & bake for 12 minutes, until cookies are crumbly & nicely browned on the tops.
- Remove from the oven & let cool for at least 5 minutes (so you don’t burn your tongue off!).
- ENJOY! 🙂