So many of you asked me about Passover recipes because let’s be honest, the healthy snacking lifestyle is definitely even MORE of a challenge on Passover because there are SO many common ingredients in healthy snacks that we need to cut out! I mean, it’s only eight days & it most certainly is NOT the end of the world, but still! Parting with my oats… it’s tough, baby, it’s tough!
I grew up eating matzah with whipped cream cheese EVERY TIME I needed a snack in between the big holiday meals & let’s just say that a snack like that isn’t really up my alley nowadays. And by “eating matzah”, I don’t just mean one piece… I mean like, I would take a peek into the box halfway through snacking & realize I had already eaten like 2 or 3! And then I wondered why I always felt so stuffed & bloated… NOW I KNOW!
Below I’m going to list some of my favourite snack recipes that I made last year for Passover & some other classic KITK recipes that just so happen to be Passover-friendly to give you guys some inspiration & encouragement that you don’t have to give up on your healthy eating lifestyle just because G-d let his people go!
Aside from making my own homemade snacks on Passover, some of the foods I like to stick to are veggies, fish, chicken, nuts/seeds, turkey, Greek yogurt & cottage cheese. I try my best to eat very minimal quantities of matzah simply because it REALLY bloats me & I don’t feel like spending eight days in the bathroom, ya feel me? I rather spend it with family!
No, but seriously, contrary to whole & sprouted grains (which are a regular part of my diet), matzah is not very high in fiber, which means that not only will it keep you wanting more (& not satisfy or fill you up), but it’s also not great for promoting healthy digestion & keeping things moving & flowing, if you know what I mean. When I do eat matzah, I keep it whole wheat. I compensate for the lack of fiber with beans & nuts to keep my digestion on track! (If you don’t regularly consume beans, don’t overdo it with them either – start will smaller amounts to prevent any bloating!).
Another good way to load up on fibre & to compensate for not getting it through my grains is, as I mentioned earlier, loading up on fruits & veggies. And of course, as always, whether it’s Passover or not, stay hydrated & get moving (even if it’s not your regular workout schedule – just do something!). This keeps your tummy happy, your skin clear & everything flowing, keeps you energized, moving, prevents constipation & releases endorphins to keep you happy throughout the holiday! You don’t have to go to your 3 spin classes a week, 2 HITT classes & get in all your regular workouts if time doesn’t permit it, if you’re hosting or if you’re spending time with family, but try your best to get moving for at least 30 minutes a day, even if it’s just to go for a walk!
Now, without further ado, let’s get into some snack recommendations! THESE SNACKS ARE SO GOOD, THEY WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT MATZAH!!!!!
First things first, let me suggest some of the delicious sweet & savoury snack recipes that I created in honour of Passover or that just so happy to be Passover friendly:
- Vegan Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter Macaroons a.k.a. Yes, They’re Passover Friendly & You Can’t Wait To Chew On These Babes!
- The Easiest (Passover-Friendly) Flourless Double Chocolate Cookie You Will Ever Make a.k.a. #FluffyAiryFudgyAFGoals & Chocolate Heaven Does Exist & These Cookie Are Where It’s At, Babes!
- Healthy Homemade Quick & Simple Fruit & Nut Mix a.k.a. Trail Mixin’ The Clean Way!
- 5-Ingredient Low-Sugar Almond Butter Fudge Collagen Cups a.k.a. If You Like Reese’s, These Are Better!!
- Passover-Friendly Grain-Free Almond Flour Banana Walnut Bread a.k.a. Passover Doesn’t Have To Drive You Bananas!
- The Perfect Little Hazelnut Cookies a.k.a. The-Passover-Struggle-Israel-But-These-Make-It-Easy
- Low-Sugar & Low-Carb Walnut & Cashew Sweet & Salty Caramel Energy Balls a.k.a. Who Said Salted Caramel Was Unhealthy – Oh & That First Bite… Heavenly!
- 6-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Tart Cherry Banana Soft-Serve Ice Cream a.k.a. Ben & Jerry Who? (P.S. Yes, This Ice Cream Will Soothe Your Muscle Soreness!)
- Cinnamon Coconut Sugar Baked Apple Rounds a.k.a. Welcoming Apple Season & Shana Tovah To All My J-Babes & Boos!
- Vegan Raw Vanilla Apricot Walnut Bars a.k.a. A Nut & Fruit Bar That You Can Feel Good About Devouring!
- Beautiful Chocolate Covered Matzah Topped with Fresh, Crisp & Sweet AF Strawberries & Homemade Honey Roasted Peanuts a.k.a. Chocolate-Covered-Crack a.k.a. Peace-Out-Carbs-It’s-Been-Real
- Easy, Delicious & Nutritious One-Bowl Almond Butter Honey Cookies a.k.a. The Softest, Chewiest & Most Pillowy Cookie You’ve Ever Fallen In Love With!
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bark With Hazelnuts, Tart Cherries, Sea Salted Cashews & Goji Berries a.k.a. Who Needs Bae When You’ve Got Bark?
- Flourless Chocolate Cake a.k.a. The-Answer-To-All-Your-Chocolate-Prayers
- 5-Ingredient Vegan & Flourless Super-Duper FUDGY Banana Brownies a.k.a. Your Quick-Fix To A Chocolate Or Brownie Craving Or BOTH!
- 6-Ingredient Vegan & Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies a.k.a. The Healthiest Chocolate Chip Cookie I Ever Made… So Healthy, They Give Me Life!
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Coconut Sea Salt Almond Pulp Macaroons a.k.a. How To Repurpose Almond Pulp 101
- The Chewiest Almond Flour Cookies On This Planet!
- Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Paleo Amaretti Thins a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Definition-Of-Crispy-&-Crunchy-On-The-Outside-But-Chewy-On-The-Inside-Oh-&-Almonds-Are-Life
- Banana Cookie Dough Bites a.k.a. Oops-I-Just-Ate-The-Entire-Batch-Bites
- Soft & Crumbly 5-Ingredient Flourless Almond Butter Cocoa Cashew Cookies a.k.a. All-Your-Cookie-Prayers-Answered-Literally-Oh-&-That-Crumble
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips a.k.a. BRB-Busy-Munching-in-Sweet-Potato-Heaven-TTYL-Bye!
- Sweet Potato “Toast” Topped with Goat Cheese, Scrambled Egg Whites & Cherry Tomatoes a.k.a. The-Only-Thing-In-The-World-That-Could-Make-Me-Cheat-On-Ezekiel
- Crispy Crunchy Homemade Beet Chips a.k.a. It’s All About ‘Dam Beets (& Kale).
- Homemade Kale Chips a.k.a. The-Most-Satisfying-Potato-Chip-Alternative a.k.a. Life.
- 5-Ingredient Low-Sugar Almond Butter Fudge Collagen Cups a.k.a. If You Like Reese’s, These Are Better!!
- Vegan Lemon Dijon Chickpea “Tuna Salad” a.k.a. Creamy Savoury Citrusy Plant-Based Deliciousness!
- Kelly’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Clean Eating Moroccan Eggplant Salad a.k.a. When The Future Moroccan Mama In Me Comes Out, Oh & Garlicky, Versatile, Smokey, Savoury & Nutritious: Safe To Say She’s A Keeper!
- Vegan, Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Cinnamon Peanut Butter Almond Pulp Crackers a.k.a. Make-The-Most-Out-Of-That-Pulp-With-These-Babes-That-Won’t-Even-Last-You-A-Day-SWEAR!
Here are some delicious spreads / sauces / jams / nut butters / healthy Nutella you can make before Passover so you always have them on hand when you need a little snack:
- Clean Eating Chunky Apple Almond Butter a.k.a. Guilt-Free-Spreading-For-Days (P.S. She’s Passover Friendly)
- Homemade Creamy Silky Smooth Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Almond Butter a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Store-Bought!
- Homemade Refined-Sugar-Free 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter a.k.a. Life Ain’t Easy, But THIS IS (Oh & Did Someone Say: Almond PB, Coconut PB & Chocolate PB? Yep!)
- Clean-Eating Homemade Nutella Spread a.k.a. Rainbows-Sunshine-&-Unicorns-Basically-a-Chocolate-Lover’s-Dream-Come-True
- Tomato & Basil Sauce a.k.a. Why-Does-Basil-Make-Everything-Better-Sauce? (P.S. She’s also Passover friendly!)
- Kelly’s Clean-Eating Refined Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Vanilla Cinnamon Mixed Berry Jam a.k.a. It-Don’t-Get-Better-Than-This-Oh-&-Wait-Why-Do-I-Already-See-The-Bottom-Of-My-Jar-OOPSIE!
- Homemade Vegan Golden Beet Super Simple Hummus a.k.a. Antioxidant-Rich Plant-Based Dips FTW!
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Creamy Avocado Hummus a.k.a. Guaca-Hummus, Ya Dig?
- Vegan Raw Pumpkin Seed & Spinach “Cheesy” Pesto a.k.a. Creamiest Pesto Ever #GuiltyAsCHEESEd!
- Spicy Tomato Jam a.k.a. Spreadable Heaven
It’s always great to have good salad dressings on hand too! By the way, I have a full blog post coming out soon all about how to make your own healthy homemade salad dressings (as opposed to buying them pre-packaged & bottled!) with tons of recommendations from my blog. In the interim, here are a few Passover-friendly ones:
- Kelly’s Clean-Eating Raspberry Sesame & Thyme Dressing a.k.a. Another-Day-Another-Dressing-&-Precisely-The-Prettiest-Most-Gorgeously-Pink-Babe-You-Ever-Did-See!
- Raw Vegan Sweet Onion, Balsamic, Apple Cider & Maple Vinaigrette a.k.a. Take Your Salad From Zero to 100 Real Quick!
- Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & (Possibly) Vegan Creamy-AF Honey & Sesame Dressing a.k.a. When-You-Master-That-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-Oh-&-Guilt-Free-Mystery-Ingredients-FTW!
- Kelly’s Not-So-Original-Not-So-Creative-&-Not-So-Complicated-But-Healthy-AF-&-Delish-Pour-This-Babe-On-Everything-Dressing!
- The-All-Time Creamiest Silkiest & Smoothest Clean-Eating Avocado Balsamic Dressing a.k.a. This-Babe-Is-So-AVOddicting-You’ll-Need-To-Consult-Avocados-Anonymous!
- Kelly’s Clean-Eating Simple-AF Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette a.k.a. Sweet-&-Tangy-Wonderfulness-Smothered-All-Over-Your-Face-Oops-I-Mean-Salad-Oh-&-Blueberries-Always!
- Kelly’s Homemade Clean-Eating “Á-La-Marocaine” Vinaigrette a.k.a. The-First-Time-Ever-Clean-Eating-&-Moroccan-Belong-Together-Oh-&-Taking-You-Back-To-My-Roots!
You can also make your own homemade nut / vegan milks:
- Why I Make My Own Nut Milk & RECIPE: Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Brazil Nut & Cashew Milk a.k.a. The Most LegenDA(I)RY, Creamiest, Frothiest & Tastiest Nut Milk I’ve Ever Made!
- Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks!
- Easy Homemade Vegan Vanilla Cinnamon Banana Mylk a.k.a. You (& Your Kiddies) Will Go Bananas For This!
- Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Walnut Milk a.k.a. Going (Wal)NUTS For That Silky Creamy Pour Though!
- Homemade Hazelnut Chocolate Mylk a.k.a. Liquid-Nutella. No Joke!!!
For more Passover friendly recipes, use my search bar on the homepage of the blog & search for keywords, such as: paleo, grain-free, flourless, raw, vegan, gluten-free! You can also have fun with it & try to swap out ingredients that aren’t Passover-friendly for Passover-friendly alternatives! Feel free to leave a comment down below or on any recipe post if you have questions about how you can substitute!
I wish you all wonderful holidays, whether it be Passover or Easter! Spend time with your family, enjoy all the delicious meals & food, eat with balance & moderation & remember that it’s okay to indulge, enjoy yourself & even fall off track sometimes! What matters is that you jump back into your routine once the holiday is over!
To read more about my tips & tricks for staying on track on the holidays, check out this post: My Tips & Tricks For Staying Healthy & On Track (But Also Enjoying & Finding Balance) During The Holidays!
NOW GET CRACKIN’ IN THE KITCH, YOU’VE GOT LOTS TO DO!!!!!