Ironically, it’s the first day of Spring but it sure doesn’t feel like it in Montreal! Mother Nature is teasing us like crazy! So… this morning, I was craving a big bowl of warm oats!
And so warm oats I got! I whipped up these COCONUT BUTTER MAPLE OATS in legit 10 minutes & they definitely hit the spot! The trick is the coconut butter, seriously, it takes these oats from 0 to 100 real quick! It adds delicious flavour & makes the oats super rich & creamy! Worry not though, if coconut butter isn’t your thing, these oats are totally customizable to meet your tastebuds! Replace it with peanut, almond, pecan, hazelnut or walnut butter to make it your own!
This breaky is full of healthy fats, good carbs for pre-workout fuel & lots of plant protein & fibre to keep me full & satisfied. I topped it with fresh fruit for antioxidants, vitamin C, bee pollen for gut health & immunity & Ceylon cinnamon for all its anti-inflammatory benefits! Sounds to me like a breaky for champs, you?
BTW, I get this question quite often: ARE ALL OATS GLUTEN-FREE? Naturally, oats are a gluten-free food & are totally acceptable for anyone following a gluten-free diet or who suffers from Celiac disease. BUT, you need to be mindful & read your labels. The problem with oats is CROSS-CONTAMINATION. If your oats are not certified gluten-free, there is a chance that they’ve been packaged or manufactured in a facility that makes products that contain gluten. If you are following a strict gluten-free diet, sensitive to gluten or have Celiac’s disease, please read your labels!
This is a great breaky for you if you’re always in a hurry in the morning & you find it hard to make time to prepare a healthy breakfast. Well guess what? Your breaky can be ready in 10 minutes & it’s a great one to take with you on the go!
Now, without further ado, here’s how to make them!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup homemade hemp milk (or any other plant-based milk of choice)
- Splash of maple syrup or vanilla
- 1 tbsp. raw organic coconut butter (or any other nut butter of choice)
- TOPPINGS: Blueberries, kiwi, bee pollen & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the hemp milk & oats to a small skillet & bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the maple syrup & coconut butter & mix.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring until the milk is absorbed & oats are thick & creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add to a bowl, top with desired toppings & serve warm!
- ENJOY! 🙂