1-Bowl Lemon Rosemary & Basil Roasted Veggies a.k.a. Sometimes, Simple Is Better (& Very, Very Delicious!)
If you guys know, you know, it ain’t a KITK meal prep without a fresh batch of roasted or sautéed veggies. I absolutely love having a load of veggies on hand to get me through the week & I like to use them as add-ins for bowls, chopped up into salads, to munch on throughout the day with some Dijon mustard or as a side dish with some chicken breast or vegan patties or faux meatballs!
I kept things super simple to let the flavours of the rosemary & basil shine & OH BABY DO THEY EVER SHINE. BTW, did you guys know that rosemary & basil are actually quite healthy?
Rosemary is actually anti-fungal, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial & contains tons of antioxidants. It has also been shown to help relieve stress & pain, boost memory, brain health, circulation & concentration, improve digestion, fight inflammation & calm adrenal fatigue.
Basil is rich in vitamin K & promotes healthy bones, fights inflammation, boosts heart health, skin health (manganese), provides antibacterial & antioxidant benefits, promotes eye health (vitamin A), contains iron, lowers cholesterol, acts as an aphrodisiac (OH HELLO!), boosts skin health (vitamin C) & fights certain types of cancer.
So yes, since these veggies are loaded with TONS of these dried herbs, you can bet they pack a heck of a nutritional punch! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE BENEFITS FROM THE VEGGIES THEMSELVES!
And flavour & texture-wise? We’re talking GOALS. They crispy, crunchy, roasted to perfection, slightly charred, full of flavour, bursting with citrus, a little garlicky & they pair well with just about anything!
- 1 package of Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 4 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 asparagus stalk, ends chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 heaping tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 heaping tbsp. dried basil
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your veggies to a large bowl & season with all the seasonings.
- Toss to combine & coat the veggies.
- Place the veggies on the parchment-lined baking sheet & bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, broil on high for 4-5 minutes, until crispy & charred. Watch close so they don’t burn!
- ENJOY! 🙂