This weekend for meal prep, I whipped this quinoa salad up for a client & TBH, it looked so good, that I needed to whip it up for my family’s meal prep too! She basically told me she trusted me blindly & that I should come up with something the whole family would love, so that’s what I did! Feedback? She proceeded to tell me it was the best quinoa salad she’s ever had! I was so touched!
So here I am, sharing with you the quinoa salad I got jealous of & had to make for my own family & the same salad that my client said she absolutely adored! I mean, it’s only fair that I share this deliciousness with all of you that I adore so much, right?
What’s in this rainbow of a bowl?
- Whole-grain quinoa
- Sprouted green lentils
- Dried cranberries
- Red onion
- Raw organic pistachios
And the dressing? Super simple! I only add olive oil to my dressings on the rare occasion because I much rather load the salad up with ingredients rich in healthy fats! I’m a fan of super simple, easy dressings that I can season in the same bowl (as opposed to having to blend them up or whisk them together!).
This one’s made with:
- Fresh lemon
- White wine vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
- A splash of maple syrup
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried herbs
So basically, you’ve got a salad loaded with vitamin C, anti-inflammatory ingredients, natural sweetness, plant-based protein, tons of fibre, gut-healing perks, skin benefits, herbs that detoxify the body of toxins, heavy metals & unwanted particles & tons of iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin K & antioxidants! I WILL SURE AF TAKE IT, you?
And wait for it… not only are you getting all those amazing health benefits, but you’re also getting a fresh, hearty, delicious, crispy, crunchy, chewy, slightly sweet & meal-prep friendly salad!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup cooked sprouted green lentils (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup organic raw pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. organic white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- A splash of pure organic maple syrup
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- Cook your quinoa & lentils according to package directions.
- Once they are cooked, set them aside to cool off.
- While they cool, prepare & chop the rest of your ingredients.
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Season the salad directly in the bowl & toss to coat the ingredients in it.
- Once seasoned, serve & ENJOY! 🙂
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.