Baked & Flaked Asian Salmon a.k.a. Not Usually A Salmon Lover, BUT OMG, This One Has Me Wow’ed!
BACK HERE WITH ANOTHER SALMON RECIPE, but this one’s a little different!
This week for meal prep, I wanted to change things up from the grilled salmon fillets & make something a little more versatile! Then it hit me… pulled chicken & beef are a thing, but what about flakey salmon?! HELL YA, in case you’re wondering, I just made it a thing!
This recipe is so easy to make, can be thrown into salads, bowls, poké, wraps, pita bread or simply eaten as is!
All you gotta do is lightly bake the salmon, flake it, season it, sauté it in a skillet for a couple minutes & BOOM! Yes, it’s that easy (No joke!). And get this… with ease, comes deliciousness!!! Who would’ve thought, right? This recipe is actually the perfect example of why meal prep doesn’t have to be complicated & take all day & why eating healthy doesn’t have to feel like a burden!
There’s something about flakey salmon that has me WOW’ed! It’s tender, baked to perfection & lightly sautéed to absorb all the flavours in the seasonings & absolutely positively delicious (& of course, super nutritious… because HELLO, I’M KITK!).
I used organic toasted sesame oil & IMO, the fact that the oil is toasted makes all the difference, but if you don’t have it, worry not! Regular sesame oil will do the trick & give the salmon that loaded Asian flavour you’re looking for! But if you can go the extra mile & get some toasted oil, you’ll never look back… seriously!
So how do you make it?
- 1 tbsp. organic toasted sesame oil
- 1 large salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1/3 cup organic coconut aminos (or gluten-free tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- 1.5 heaping tbsp. black sesame seeds (& more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet & bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & flake the salmon finely with a fork on the baking sheet.
- Add the salmon flakes to a medium skillet. Season with all the dressing ingredients (except sesame seeds) & toss.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat & sauté, stirring constantly, until the fish is cooked through & liquid has been absorbed.
- Right before taking it off the stove, throw in the sesame seeds, toss to coat & remove from heat.
- Serve immediately & top with a few more sesame seeds!
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week!