PASSOVER-FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND BUTTER MACAROONS 😍🍫
Macaroons are such a Passover staple! I have a vivid memory of them being one of the only edible snacks to munch on when I was a kid impatiently waiting for the Seder to start. Who feels me?
These babes are no-bake, grain, gluten & refined sugar free, vegan, full of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fibre & good fats!
They’re firm on the outside & chewy on the inside, chocolatey, rich & so deliciously indulgent, you won’t be able to have just one!
They’re made with just almond butter, banana for texture & natural sweetness, coconut flower syrup, vanilla, raw cacao powder & unsweetened shredded organic coconut.
Raw cacao powder contains 40x the antioxidants of blueberries, is the highest plant-based source of iron, full of magnesium to promote healthy digestion, heart & brain health, contains more calcium than cow’s milk, naturally elevates mood, fights aging, contains calcium, which boosts bone & muscle strength, reduces blood pressure & insulin resistance, improves learning & memory & is basically a superfood!
So how do you make them?
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (or other nut butter or coconut oil)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. raw organic cacao powder
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded organic coconut
- A pinch of sea salt
- OPTIONAL: To make them a bit heartier, throw in some chia/flax seeds or hemp hearts!
- Mash the banana in a medium mixing bowl until most clumps are gone.
- Add all the other ingredients & stir until fully combined & incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment. Use a spoon to scoop rounds on the sheet. No worries, they don’t have to be perfect!
- Freeze the macaroons for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for about 3 hours or overnight, or until macaroons are firm to the touch.
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store the leftovers in the freezer or fridge to preserve freshness as they will soften at room temperature.