Passover-Friendly Grain-Free Almond Flour Banana Walnut Bread a.k.a. Passover Doesn’t Have To Drive You Bananas!
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
To all my fellow Jews, y’all feel me! Passover is right around the corner & you know what that means… it’s time to get creative in the kitch so that we can stay on track with our healthy eating & especially, healthy snacking! IMO, finding healthy snacks (besides fruits & veggies) that are actually satisfying & taste good is so HARD on Passover. But I’m also always up for a good challenge! And that’s where this banana bread comes in…
Yesterday, I got busy testing some Passover recipes for you babes! And let me tell you, we are off to a hella good start!!!!
This almond flour banana walnut bread is completely grain-free, refined sugar-free & so simple & easy to make… so easy, all you need is your blender! IN JUST 5 MINUTES, it’s in the oven. Fresh out ‘da oven, it’s light, soft, fluffy, smooth, moist, crumbly on the outside & so naturally sweet!
HERE IS HOW IT GOES DOWN:
- Put 8 real food ingredients in your blender. Blend it until smooth.
- Bake it.
- SALIVATE at the bakery smell in your Kitch.
- DEVOUR IT.
The ingredients? Bananas (OBVSSS), almond flour, egg, vanilla, raw walnuts, coconut oil, baking powder & maple syrup. THAT’S ALL!
Also, if you’re not into walnuts, you can just swap them for your fave nut of choice, such as: pecans, peanuts, cashews or almonds or you can throw in some dried fruit, chocolate chips or chunks or shredded coconut instead!
The recipe for this BABE OF A BREAD is coming atchu just in time for your Passover prep! & even if you don’t celebrate Passover, YOU WANT THIS BREAD!!!
Have it for breaky topped with some almond or hazelnut butter & a side of Greek yogurt &/or fruit, pack it on the go with you for work or school as a mid-morning or afternoon snack or bake it for your Passover Seder dessert & wow your guests! You can be sure they’ll be leaving with much more than just a full & satisfied tummy… they’ll beg you for the recipe & guess what? You can just redirect them here! How’s that for making your life easy?
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 medium bananas (or 3 small ones)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (solid)
- 1 tsp. baking powdere
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup raw organic walnuts (crushed)
- Preheat your oven to 375F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it lightly with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender jug (or food processor) & blend until smooth & creamy. This is a very NECESSARY step because it’s really what gives the ingredients their smooth texture & consistency! Don’t skimp on it! I’ll wash the blender for you… LOL JK.
- Once the batter is smooth, pour it into the lined loaf pan. Fold in your walnuts with a wooden or rubber spatula.
- Bake at 375 for 43-45 minutes, until golden brown on top. Do the knife test – if it comes out clean, take it out! If not, bake it for a little longer!
- Bake time sometimes varies based on the consistency of the almond flour used (whether you bought it pre-made or made it on your own, etc.), so do not worry if yours takes a bit longer to bake!
- Let cool for about 30-45 minutes before slicing, or place in the fridge for about 20 minutes & then remove to slice!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.