IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
To all my fellow Jews, y’all feel me! Passover is right around the corner & you know what that means… it’s time to get creative in the kitch so that we can stay on track with our healthy eating & especially, healthy snacking! IMO, finding healthy snacks (besides fruits & veggies) that are actually satisfying & taste good is so HARD on Passover. But I’m also always up for a good challenge! And that’s where this banana bread comes in…
Yesterday, I got busy testing some Passover recipes for you babes! And let me tell you, we are off to a hella good start!!!!
This almond flour banana walnut bread is completely grain-free, refined sugar-free & so simple & easy to make… so easy, all you need is your blender! IN JUST 5 MINUTES, it’s in the oven. Fresh out ‘da oven, it’s light, soft, fluffy, smooth, moist, crumbly on the outside & so naturally sweet!
HERE IS HOW IT GOES DOWN:
- Put 8 real food ingredients in your blender. Blend it until smooth.
- Bake it.
- SALIVATE at the bakery smell in your Kitch.
- DEVOUR IT.
The ingredients? Bananas (OBVSSS), almond flour, egg, vanilla, raw walnuts, coconut oil, baking powder & maple syrup. THAT’S ALL!
Also, if you’re not into walnuts, you can just swap them for your fave nut of choice, such as: pecans, peanuts, cashews or almonds or you can throw in some dried fruit, chocolate chips or chunks or shredded coconut instead!
The recipe for this BABE OF A BREAD is coming atchu just in time for your Passover prep! & even if you don’t celebrate Passover, YOU WANT THIS BREAD!!!
Have it for breaky topped with some almond or hazelnut butter & a side of Greek yogurt &/or fruit, pack it on the go with you for work or school as a mid-morning or afternoon snack or bake it for your Passover Seder dessert & wow your guests! You can be sure they’ll be leaving with much more than just a full & satisfied tummy… they’ll beg you for the recipe & guess what? You can just redirect them here! How’s that for making your life easy?
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 medium bananas (or 3 small ones)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (solid)
- 1 tsp. baking powdere
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup raw organic walnuts (crushed)
- Preheat your oven to 375F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it lightly with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender jug (or food processor) & blend until smooth & creamy. This is a very NECESSARY step because it’s really what gives the ingredients their smooth texture & consistency! Don’t skimp on it! I’ll wash the blender for you… LOL JK.
- Once the batter is smooth, pour it into the lined loaf pan. Fold in your walnuts with a wooden or rubber spatula.
- Bake at 375 for 43-45 minutes, until golden brown on top. Do the knife test – if it comes out clean, take it out! If not, bake it for a little longer!
- Bake time sometimes varies based on the consistency of the almond flour used (whether you bought it pre-made or made it on your own, etc.), so do not worry if yours takes a bit longer to bake!
- Let cool for about 30-45 minutes before slicing, or place in the fridge for about 20 minutes & then remove to slice!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate.