Okay guys, REAL TALK: I’ve been having a serious freaking craving for pecan pie lately!
Pecan pie was actually my mom’s all-time fave dessert! I remember the huge smile on her face when my dad brought it home on Fridays after work & with her love for it, came mine!
This recipe was basically my attempt at recreating all the flavours of pecan pie & OHMYGOD, I nailed it!
They’re easy & quick to prepare, vegan, refined sugar-free & gluten-free!
They’re rich & decadent, sweet, salty, crunchy & will surely remind you of pecan pie! They’ll remind you so much that you’ll fool yourself & everyone else about how clean they are!
The crust is made with gluten-free oat flour, coconut oil & pecan butter & topped with raw pecans & coconut flower syrup & DON’T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE WAY IT CARAMELIZES, I’m drooling. These bars honestly left me SPEECHLESS & tots satisfied my craving! ‘Nuff said.
BTW, did you know that pecans have so many health benefits?
- They’re full of vitamins & minerals, such as: manganese, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins & selenium! This makes them great for promoting a healthy gut, boosting immunity & good digestion, skin & heart health, nervous system boost, strong bones, joints & muscles & preventing/fighting anemia, fatigue, weakness & energy slumps.
- They contain monounsaturated fats (the healthy kind), such as oleic acid, with antioxidants, which help reduce bad cholesterol & in turn, the risk of heart disease.
- They’re full of vitamin E, which is crucial not only for healthy skin cell renewal & rejuvenation, but basically cell renewal throughout our entire bodies!
- They’re also a great source of protein & fibre!
Without further ado, let’s discuss how to make these beauty, immunity, digestion, bone strengthening, nervous system & energy boosting pecan pie bars a part of your life!
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup raw pecan butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (+ 3 tbsp. more, adding 1 at a time, if dough is too dry)
- Extra sprinkle of flour if needed
- 3/4 cup raw organic pecans
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup organic coconut flower syrup or pure organic maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the flour & salt to a bowl & stir.
- Now, add the coconut oil, pecan butter & almond milk & mix again. Start with 1/4 cup almond milk & add more if dough is too dry.
- Roll the crust out onto the baking sheet with a rolling pin or pat down & smooth edges with your fingers.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly across the top of the crust & lightly press them into the dough.
- Drizzle coconut flower syrup over the top of the crust & pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & let cool for 5-10 minutes & then cut into squares. Don’t wait too long for it to cool before slicing because if it cools for too long, it actually gets hard to cut & you risk breaking it!
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days.