Vegan 5-Ingredient Caramel Almond Chocolate Hearts a.k.a. Never Been In Love? There’s A First Time For Everything!
Never been in love? There’s a first time for everything! I’m about to share the easiest homemade chocolate you’ll ever make! You don’t even have any chocolate melting to do! Like, no double boiler, no microwave, no stovetop melting… GUESS WHAT? NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS! Just raw organic cacao powder!
They’re made with just 5 ingredients: coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, coconut flower syrup & raw slivered almonds! Easy, simple & super nutritious, right?
& Worry not… if you don’t have a heart shaped mould, you can just use an ice cube tray!
If I had to describe these in just a few words…
- Full of healthy fats!
- Brain & immunity boosting perks!
- Natural sweetness!
- Low glycemic!
- Absolutely scrumptious & delicious!
The way the coconut oil & coconut flower syrup caramelize when they’re frozen is BEYOND.
And don’t get me started about the almonds.. they add the perfect amount of crispy crunch! They’re rich, indulgent, sweet, fudgy & basically, a dream come true with every bite. But really, who am I kidding? YOU ARE EATING THESE IN ONE BITE!!!!
Did you guys know that cacao powder is loaded with health benefits? Yes, chocolate with benefits. You read right… magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, antioxidants to fight aging, phytochemicals that help balance blood pressure, lower high cholesterol, scrub away arterial plaque & reverse heart disease & tons of brain & memory boosting benefits. So yes, you can have this chocolate, enjoy it because it’s so damn good, but also benefit from it! Awesome, right?
BTW, if you’re not feeling the almonds or you don’t have any on hand, feel free to customize these babies to your liking! Throw in vegan chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, cashews, cranberries, tart cherries, raisins, granola or whatever your heart so desires!
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flower syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/4 cup slivered raw almonds
- Pour all the ingredients into a mixing bowl & mix until no lumps of cacao are left over. Be gentle so that you don’t crush the almonds too much!
- Spoon the chocolate into moulds of your choice (I used a heart-shaped silicone mould, but you can use an ice cube tray!). You can even pour it into a parchment sheet to make chocolate bark, if you prefer!
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight, until solid.
- Keep leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container to preserve freshness & prevent melting.