YES, these muffins are so good, they need a drum roll.
Because I freaking adore you guys & couldn’t keep you waiting any longer… I present you with the BEST MUFFINS I EVER MADE… GREEK YOGURT ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS! Yes, you read right, Greek yogurt & almond flour… MY GOD, I’M SHOOK JUST THINKING ABOUT THEM. Seriously, they’re tried & tested by moi but also & MORE IMPORTANTLY, by my sis, who said they’re the best muffins ever.
If I was forced to choose just one muffin for the rest of my life, it would be THIS ONE!! MINDBLOWN.
Just kidding. It’s never enough with me.
So what’s so great about them besides how damn good they taste?
- 7-ingredients. 1 bowl. No blender or food processor & 30 minutes.
- Full of chocolatey deliciousness!
- Crumbly, soft, fluffy, moist, tender & SO DECADENT & INDULGENT, you’d never guess they’re healthy!
- Nut, gluten & refined sugar-free & possibly vegan!
- SO DAMN GOOD, YOU’D THINK THEY WERE MADE IN A BAKERY! (Okay, I’m sorry, I know I said “besides how good they are”, but I just had to say it again…).
If you want to read more about all the benefits of Greek yogurt & why it’s such a present food in mah life, click here: Food For Thought: Greek Yogurt & Why I Eat It!
I don’t know about you guys, but when a muffin turns out looking like this, I have a really really really hard time resisting it. It’s almost like I just can’t. OKAY, KEL, STOP THE SUGAR COATING. WHEN A MUFFIN TURNS OUT LIKE THIS, I CANNOT RESIST IT.
And wait… it gets better… when a muffin turns out like this & then you warm it up… and then you have it with a warm almond or cashew milk latte… OMG I AM JUMPING OFF THE WALLS.
Ok, no but seriously, these muffins are so healthy, it hurts, but so delicious, it hurts even more!!!! (It’s an expression. It doesn’t actually hurt, you know what I mean, right?).
Anywho, I think this is my cue to STFU. I really need to work on my ranting. Without further ado, let me tell you just one of the ways you can make all your dreams come true.
INGREDIENTS (9 muffins):
- 1 cup plain organic Greek yogurt (or vegan yogurt, if you want to make a vegan option)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups organic almond flour (or swap for 1.5 cups oat flour & omit the arrowroot starch)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (& more for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients & mix until fully combined & no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter into the liners & gently smooth the tops with a spoon.
- Top the muffins with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F until golden brown & firm to the touch when you lightly press the center.
- Remove from the oven & let cool!
- ENJOY! 🙂
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.