Gluten-Free Raspberry Oat Flour Cookies a.k.a. The Prettiest In Pink Cookies You’ve Ever Seen!
Ok, are these not the prettiest cookies you’ve ever seen?!
These RASPBERRY OAT FLOUR COOKIES are to die for pretty… but more so, to die for DELISH! I mean, it’s one thing to be pretty… BUT ANOTHER WHEN YOU’RE PRETTY & DELICIOUS!
They’re made with very simple & minimal ingredients, gluten-free & refined sugar-free, full of vitamin C, fibre, antioxidants & plant protein & they’re crumbly on the outside & chewy on the inside!
I always have a hard time when incorporating fresh or frozen fruit into recipes because I always have this worry in the back of my mind that they’re going to make my batter too watery! The trick is to take them out of the freezer RIGHT before you throw them into the batter so that they don’t have time to thaw & get liquidy! If you do that & gently fold them into the batter, you’ll be good to go!
I love these cookies because I’m getting fibre, healthy grains & FRUIT!! Yes, you read right, these cookies give you REAL DAMN FRUIT!
If raspberries aren’t your jam, you can spice them up your way – you can use blueberries, blackberries or even dark tart cherries! And… you can also use fresh instead of frozen, if you prefer!
BTW, did you know that raspberries contain more vitamin C than oranges, are super high in fibre, full of folic acid, potassium, vitamin A & calcium? They’re also full of manganese, a trace mineral that helps the body convert fats & protein into energy! So yes, the oats make these cookies full of plant protein & digestive-health boosting fibre, but the raspberries make them immunity-boosting, skin-glowing, bone-strengthening & vital in helping the body maintain healthy blood sugar levels, a healthy heart & balanced energy levels!
Unfortunately, these babes are everything but vegan & nut free! But, there’s always a solution!
TO MAKE THEM VEGAN: I haven’t tried making them with a flax or chia egg, but I presume that it should work! If you do happen to try it, please leave a comment down below to let me know how they turn out!
TO MAKE THEM NUT-FREE: Simply substitute the almond butter for some sunflower seed butter!
Without further ado, let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup homemade vanilla cinnamon cashew milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp. organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries (or other berries/tart cherries)
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients, except the raspberries, to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined & incorporated.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Form the batter into 12 cookies & place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven & let cool before storing in an airtight container & refrigerating.
- ENJOY! :))