Crispy Crunchy Lemon Turmeric Veggie Skillet Sauté a.k.a. Anti-Inflammatory Veggies Over Err’thang!
I’ll take a bowl of anti-inflammatory veggies please!!!!
Seasoned with tons of lemon, turmeric & apple cider vinegar, these veggies are your digestive health boosting dream come true! I’m not exaggerating… veggies can actually be a dream come true if they’re seasoned right! And well TBH, I love veggies anyway. BUT IT’S ALWAYS A PLUS WHEN THEY’RE SEASONED TO PERFECTION.
The trick to keeping that crunchy texture is to sauté them for just a few minutes over medium heat! This way, they become easier to digest & still preserve their crispy crunchiness! It’s like a best of both worlds situation!
Did you guys know that turmeric is known as the golden spice of India? AND RIGHTFULLY SO. Not only is it delicious but it’s got tons of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antioxidants properties, heals skin, boosts mood, benefits cognitive health & lowers cholesterol!
And of course, one superfood is never enough for me… so I loaded these babies with some fresh lemon juice, because why the F not? Lemon is JAM PACKED with vitamin C & antioxidants & boosts basically every single bodily function from immunity, to gastrointestinal & digestive health to energy levels! It also helps create a balanced pH level in the body, which is vital for so many bodily functions. It also clears the skin & helps give you that natural glow!
I bet I have you off the edge of your seat right now… I mean, I don’t blame you… I’d also want veggies that seem this magical. HEY, TAKE OUT THE WORD “SEEM”. They are THIS magical!!!!
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets only
- 2 large stalks of asparagus, ends chopped
- 3 bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- Juice of two fresh lemons
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Splash of yacon syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 heaping tsp. ground turmeric
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add the veggies to a skillet & season with all the dressing ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the veggies for about 6-7 minutes over medium heat, until cooked but still crispy & crunchy.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!