Iced Collagen Matcha Latte a.k.a. Green With Deliciousness Envy!
Yesterday afternoon, I was feeling matcha but for some reason, I was into something cold… so, MATCHA + SOMETHING COLD = AN ICED MATCHA! Easy as 1-2-3, right? I know! And wait until you see how easy it is to make!
BUT FIRST, CAN WE DISCUSS THIS FROTH? It’s literally INSANE. I think I owe a special thanks to the collagen for that, but also to my blender. BTW, I use the Breville Boss & I love it! I definitely want to invest in a Vitamix one day but right now, it’s not where I’m at financially! Let’s be honest… a Vitamix is definitely an investment, to say the least!
So what’s the sitch with this latte?
It’s creamy & silky!
Full of gut-healing, beauty-boosting, skin-glowing & muscle-strengthening properties!
Packed with protein & amino acids!
It’s naturally sweetened with pure vanilla!
It’s energizing, full of antioxidants, satisfying, immunity-boosting, metabolism stimulating, brain healthy, detoxifying & mood-boosting!
I’ve been trying to incorporate matcha more into my life because of all its amazing health benefits, such as:
- ANTIOXIDANTS: 137x more than green tea + 17x more than blueberries
- METABOLISM BOOSTER
- BOOSTS ENERGY, SUSTAINS IT & INCREASES FOCUS
- FIGHTS CANCER: It is the best source of catechins & can cut the risk of breast cancer by 1/2!
- ANTI-AGING: Helps reduce inflammation & oxidation to help you look and feel younger.
- REDUCES LDL (BAD) CHOLESTEROL
- STRESS-RELIEVER: The L-theanine in matcha helps calm the mind.
- DETOXIFYING: High concentration of chlorophyll, which eliminates chemicals & heavy metals from the body.
Incorporating more matcha into my life also means I cut back on coffee! Even though matcha also contains caffeine, it contains L-theanine, which basically controls the caffeine & gives the body energizing effects without the crash or jitters that come with coffee. Basically, matcha stimulates the brain while relaxing the mind.
So how do you make this beautifully green dreamy iced latte?
- 3/4 & 1/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (divided)
- 1.5 tsp. organic ceremonial grade matcha powder
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- A handful of ice
- Add 3/4 cup almond milk & the rest of your ingredients to a blender jug. Blend until smooth, but make sure there are some leftover chunks of ice in there.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup almond milk into a mug, then pour in the matcha mixture to create the layered look!
- Throw in a few more ice cubes, if you wish!