You can have your cake & eat it too!!!!!
Guys, these CAKE BATTER BITES are EPIC! They’ll remind you of your pre-teen birthday cake… I swear!!!!
They’re full of protein, vegan, gluten & refined sugar-free (& possibly nut-free!) & they have all the taste & texture of cake batter in a DELISH no-bake bite form! They will LITERALLY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.
They’re soft & chewy, ridiculously healthy & full of fibre (thanks to the magic blend of oat & coconut flour!).
I used my fave Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein & a blend of almond & cashew butter! You can totally use your fave nut butters or blend ’em like I did & you can even swap the nut butters out for some sunflower seed butter to make them nut-free. As for the protein, you can sub it for your fave protein, collagen or other supplement powder!
I also swapped the sprinkles for Living Intentions blueberry & raspberry granola! It adds crunch, superfood deliciousness & none of the bad stuff that sprinkles are made with… SORRY SPRINKLE LOVERS… but: corn syrup, corn starch, artificial dyes & food colouring, thickeners, wax coating & refined sugar!
I’m totally not judging you if you decide to go the sprinkle route – YOLO, right? But if possible, try to be mindful of your ingredients labels & go for the healthiest option you can get! When a snack is this healthy, you don’t want to ruin it with something that may cause all the reverse effects a.k.a. BLOATING!
You don’t have to use the granola I used – you can literally use any of your fave granola… but, BONUS IF IT’S PINK OR BLUE! At least you’ll get the best of both worlds: it’ll resemble sprinkles but without any of the bad stuff!
Oh & BTW, no… it doesn’t have to be your birthday for you to have an excuse to make these!
So what do you need to make ’em?
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan vegan vanilla protein powder
- OR: Your fave protein powder or collagen/supplement powder!
- 1/4 cup Living Intentions superfood raspberry granola
- 1/4 cup Living Intentions superfood blueberry granola
- OR: 1/2 cup of your fave granola OR, use sprinkles if you wish (Try to limit it to a few tbsp. as you won’t need as much!).
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- OR: 1/2 cup of your fave almond butter OR sunflower seed butter for nut-free option!
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup (or pure organic maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp. + more, if necessary, organic unsweetened almond milk (to soften the batter). I added about 3 tbsp. The amount you’ll need to add will depend on the brand/consistency of the flours & protein powder/collagen/supplements you use.
- Add all ingredients (except the granola & almond milk) to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until fully combined & incorporated. You will most probably have to get your hands in there to make sure all the flours get incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- If the batter is too thick (it most probably will be), add a tbsp. of almond milk at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- If the batter is too thin, add a bit more flour until you reach your desired consistency.
- Once your batter is ready, add in the granola/sprinkles & fold in gently with your wooden spoon or spatula.
- Roll the batter into balls (I was able to make 16 medium-sized ones) & place on a plate.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before sealing them in an airtight container.
- Keep them refrigerated to preserve freshness & texture!
- ENJOY 🙂