As you guys know, adaptogens play a huge role in my life & I consume them either in powder or supplement form every DAMN day. They’re basically my natural way to soothe my anxiety & to make it manageable in the sense that it doesn’t hinder my day-to-day activities. They’ve been used for ages to promote overall health & wellbeing & to boost immunity, endurance & energy. They work as regulators to help the body adapt to change, anxiety & environmental, mental or emotional stressors & also help balance hormones, boost immunity & enhance mood.
This latte is made with homemade oat milk, ashwagandha, maca, bee pollen & pure vanilla to sweeten.
Bee pollen is known for its antioxidant properties, vitamin C, gut & skin healing benefits & immune-boosting properties.
The oat milk adds plant protein, fibre & antioxidants perks to this freaking powerhouse of an elixir, that also tastes DELISH! 😍
Maca & ashwagandha are my two favourite adaptogens, although I do also love reishi, cordyceps, ginseng, astralagus & chaga.
I started taking maca initially as a natural way to balance my hormones & help with skin health, but as I began to do more research about it, I realized it had os many other beneficial properties, one of which is boosting physical strength, endurance & stamina, which is super relevant to me given how much I exercise.
I started taking ashwagandha as a natural way to help relieve my stress & anxiety after being offered a prescription for anxiety medication. I was SO scared to get into a whirlwind of relying on the anxiety meds & to never be able to live a healthy life without them so I opted to go the natural way. And I could not be more thankful! Yes, it’s true, natural remedies will sometimes take longer to work, but when taken religiously & consistently, they can be just as effective as prescribed meds.
So to sum it all up, this latte will boost your energy levels, calm & soothe you, help your adrenal glands cope with environmental & emotional stressors, boost physical endurance & stamina, help balance your hormones, provide you with tons of plant protein & fibre & basically make you feel like the energizer bunny!
NOW, back to this latte… THE FROTH FACTOR IS INSANE. Like… who knew a blender could achieve such a frothy result, right? Yes, you read right, you don’t need a milk frother for this latte to come to life!
The only thing I will say is that you might want to add some pure organic maple syrup, raw organic honey, organic coconut sugar or a bit more vanilla to sweeten it a little more. I’m someone who personally doesn’t enjoy a coffee that tastes too sweet because there’s nothing I love more than the rich taste of coffee. But, if you like your coffee a bit on the sweeter side, you’ll want to add some natural sweetener!
Now, without further ado, here’s how to make it!
- 1/4 cup homemade oat milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 2 Nespresso ristretto pods, freshly brewed
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla (add another 1/2 tsp. for a sweeter latte)
- 1 tsp. raw yellow maca powder
- 1 tsp. ashwagandha powder
- 1 tsp. bee pollen
- OPTIONAL: Make it a chocolate mocha latte by adding in 1/2 tbsp. raw unsweetened cacao powder OR add 1/2 tsp. coconut or date sugar OR 1 tsp. pure organic maple syrup or raw honey for a sweeter latte.
- TOPPING: Ceylon cinnamon
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- While the milk is heating, brew your espresso pods.
- Once the milk is heated, add it to the blender with the rest of your ingredients & blend until smooth & foamy.
- Pour into a mug, top with cinnamon & enjoy! 😘 (& watch your energy levels soar!).