If you know you know but salmon isn’t my go-to fish of choice… but but but when it’s seasoned like this, I’ll kill whoever gets into the fridge & eats my salmon!!!!!!!
If I had to sum it up in just a few words:
- Simple ingredients.
- Quick & easy.
- Full of flavour.
- FLAKY AF!!!!
- Full of nutritious goodness & real food ingredients!
This dish is great for meal prep but also as a quick dinner when you’re too busy to whip up a 2 hour recipe. Yes, we’ve all been there, let’s be honest. After those long days at work or school or with the kiddies, we just can’t be bothered to whip up something that takes forever, right? We want something healthy & we want it NOW. Well guess what babies? I got you!
BTW, I grilled the salmon with the skin on this time & OMG. I swear, it takes the flavour up a notch & makes the crisp factor be like WOW!
I think I need to start incorporating more salmon into my life TBH, for starters because I need me some more B12. BUT ALSO BECAUSE THIS RECIPE CHANGED MY TAKE ON SALMON. That’s just how good it is.
Salmon also contains tons of antioxidants & the amino acid, taurine, which is great for heart & skin health! It’s also a great source of vitamin D & selenium. Selenium is ALSO crucial for skin health & is a natural antioxidant! It also contains some B complex vitamins, such as niacin, which help boost cognitive function, improve mental performance & focus. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are super anti-inflammatory & gut-healing, as well as protein, phosphorus & potassium!
The seasoning for the salmon is super simple – just raw Dijon mustard, coconut vinegar, fresh lemon, garlic, cilantro & sea salt & black pepper. Admit you love me for making your life easy.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 3 heaping tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. raw organic coconut vinegar
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Place the salmon fillets in a large bowl. Season with all the marinade ingredients & toss gently with a spatula or spoon to coat the salmon.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let marinate.
- Preheat your indoor grill (or BBQ).
- Place the salmon on the grill & top with any leftover marinated cilantro.
- Grill the salmon for about 8-10 minutes, until cooked through, no longer pink & super flaky! Make sure not to over-cook it as it will dry out.
- ENJOY! 🙂