Gluten-Free & Vegan Coconut Açai Adaptogenic Energy Bombs a.k.a. Going Coco For These Antioxidants Balls!
COCONUT ACAI ADAPTOGENIC ENERGY BOMBS!
These babes are THEBOMB. Yes, the name says it how it is, guys!!
Not only are they absolutely crumbly, chewy & delicious, but… Get this: They’re loaded with antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats, energy-boosting, stress-relieving & anxiety-reducing ashwagandha, vitamin C, provide a sustained source of natural energy & may reduce blood sugar levels.
They’re also full of plant protein & skin-healing & rejuvenating properties!
OH & to top it all off, they’re also vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free & refined sugar-free!
BTW, in case you’re wondering, you don’t taste the ashwagandha! People always ask me if it has a taste because it is a herb after all & TBH, I’m so used to it that even if it does, I would’ve already become immune to it! But when you’re combining it with such delicious other ingredients, you end up masking it anyway, trust me!
So to sum these babies up, they’re:
- made in just one bowl!
- rich, delicious, indulgent & super duper satisfying!
- delightfully clean & healthy!
- made with REAL FOOD!
- texture goals!
- bursting with ingredients that will benefit you & heal you from the inside out!
- the star of the show… AÇAI: it contains tons of antioxidants & vitamin C, boosts cognitive function, focus & sharpness of the mind, it’s detoxifying, heart healthy & lowers cholesterol, regenerates damaged skin cells, stimulates skin cell renewal, stimulates hair growth & skin health & fights aging.
- full of digestive-health boosting fibre!
- perfect for keeping you energized through & after workouts!
- absolutely positively extremely easy to make!
Now, without further ado, let’s get right to it!
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. organic açai powder
- 1 tbsp. ashwagandha
- 3/4 cup natural unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup (or pure organic maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & stir with a wooden spoon until combined. The oats should be fully coated & incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Scoop the mixture into your hands & roll it into balls of your desired size. I made 15 medium ones! (P.S. Wet your hands in between every 2-3 balls to make rolling less messy & easier).
- Place the balls on a plate & refrigerate for about 2 hours, until firm.
- Once firm, place the babes in an airtight container & keep refrigerated until you’re ready to devour ‘em!
- ENJOY! 🙂