Ladies & gents, I present you with my GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER GROUND CHICKEN WRAP!
This wrap came about at around 6:00 AM. I was kinda half asleep TBH. I hadn’t had my lemon chlorophyll & aloe water yet & I was doing my regular morning ritual: prepping dad’s lunch so that it’s ready before he has to make his way out the door & I’m mid-vitamin C serum application. WHO FEELS ME?
I went out on a whim & decided I’d make my dad a bit of a different lunch! Instead of loading him up on good carbs for breaky with the usual sprouted toast or organic Greek yogurt, I went easy on the carbs in the morning & prepped him this gluten-free wrap for lunch. I didn’t think he’d love it as much as he did, but he took the time out of his busy day to tell me that today’s lunch was the BEST EVER. Now, that’s saying a lot because thankfully, he’s been liking the lunches I prep for him… SO ALL THIS TO SAY, not only did this lunch get dad’s seal of approval, BUT IT’S HIS FAVOURITE!!!!!
The base of this wrap is a gluten-free brown rice wrap. I stuffed it with spinach, alfalfa sprouts, cherry tomatoes, Asian Peanut Butter Ground Chicken a.k.a. Peanut Butter Me Up, Buttercup! & seasoned with balsamic glaze & sriracha!
You don’t have to use my peanut butter ground chicken if you have any other type of ground chicken, turkey or beef prepared! You can also just used cooked chicken breast or turkey, or even slices of flank steak or lean beef! It’s totally up to you & totally customizable based on your preferences & what you have on hand!
- QUICK? Yes.
- EASY + SIMPLE? Yes.
- DELICIOUS? Yes.
- NUTRITIOUS? Yes.
- ON-THE-GO FRIENDLY? Yes.
- CRISPY, CRUNCHY & FRESH? Yes.
What more can you ask for?
Plus, it’s got Dad’s seal of approval!!!!!
- 1 gluten-free brown rice wrap or any wrap of your choice
- A handful of fresh spinach (or arugula)
- 1/2 cup portion of my Asian Peanut Butter Ground Chicken a.k.a. Peanut Butter Me Up, Buttercup!
- Alfalfa sprouts
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Balsamic glaze &/or Dijon
- Sea salt & black pepper to season
- Lay the wrap flat on a cutting board or countertop.
- Place the arugula, chicken, sprouts, cherry tomatoes & then drizzle the Sriracha, balsamic glaze &/or Dijon, sea salt & black pepper.
- Fold the ends of the wrap over, then roll the wrap gently, being careful not to rip it. Press it tightly as you roll to hold all the ingredients together & to make slicing easier. The tighter the wrap, the easier it is to slice & not fall apart.
- Once folded, slice the wrap in half or keep it whole & ENJOY! 🙂