Back atchu with some overnight oats!
What if I told you you could get your protein, omega fatty acids, fibre, coffee, beauty-boosting & muscle-strengthening collagen & amino acids, a sustained energy boost, probiotics, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, hormone-balancing & gut-healing benefits, calcium, iron, potassium, vitamins A, E & C all from ONE BREAKFAST BOWL? Yes, you read right… JUST ONE BREAKY BOWL!!!!!!! THESE OVERNIGHT OATS ARE ALL OF THAT & then some!
Soaked in fresh brewed coffee & hemp milk, they’re thick, creamy, naturally sweet, refined sugar, gluten & nut-free, possibly vegan, satisfying, filling & so yummy, they taste like dessert for breaky!
BTW, I used my homemade hemp milk in this recipe, but you can totally use almond, cashew or coconut milk or any other plant-based or regular milk of your choice! Here’s my homemade hemp milk recipe, if you’re feeling it (& why wouldn’t you be? It’s legit ready in MINUTES, no straining necessary, no nut milk bag, no mess, no fuss, just blender, minimal ingredients & BAM BAM BOOM!): Homemade Hemp Milk a.k.a. The Easier Plant-Based Vegan Milk Alternative For When You Just Don’t Have The Time!
They’re also great for on-the-go breakys for work or school! You can legit wake up in the morning & take them out of your fridge & leave with them in the same container you prepped them in! How awesome is that? BTW, yes, that totally means that these oats are your ticket to staying in bed a little longer in the morning to save you breaky prep time.
Whenever I’m making a recipe & it’s one that’s doable with collagen, I tend to throw it in just because there are so many healing benefits & energizing properties to it that it’s always a “WHY NOT?!” situation. It dissolves completely & so well in all recipes, whether they be overnight oats, yogurt or baked treats, smoothies, coffee, etc. so it’s almost a no-brainer!!!
If collagen isn’t your jam or you want to make these oats vegan, that’s totally doable too! All you gotta do is swap the collagen for your fave vegan protein & swap the Greek yogurt for chia seeds or 1/2 a mashed banana to help thicken!
BTW, I think you guys have probably realized by now that I eat big breakfasts & there are reasons for it! DUH… have you met me? There are reasons for like everything I do at this point. If you want to know more about why I believe in big breakys, read this: The Reason I Get So Excited For Breaky (Almost) Every Morning? THIS Greek Yogurt Parfait Over Everything!
Now, without further ado, let’s get into how to prep this delicious, satisfying, hearty & yummy breaky!
(OH & in case you want an indication of how good these oats are… PLEASE NOTE, THESE PHOTOS WERE TAKEN ABOUT 6 MINUTES APART. I COULDN’T HELP MYSELF. TOO GOOD!!!!!).
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup fresh brewed coffee (I use Nespresso)
- 1/4 cup homemade vanilla cinnamon hemp milk (or other plant based milk)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (or vegan protein)
- 1/2 tbsp. raw yellow maca
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. organic plain Greek yogurt (or vegan yogurt) OR chia seeds / 1/2 a mashed banana to thicken
- TOPPINGS: Peach, strawberry & banana slices & Ceylon cinnamon
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated.
- Place the oats in a glass container & refrigerate overnight.
- You can prep a larger batch as they stay well refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- In the morning, add the oats to a bowl, top with desired toppings & enjoy! 🙂