I had leftover chicken from meal prep this weekend that I had to use up so I decided to make some maple balsamic pan-fried chicken! Maple & chicken = LOVE! You feel me?
Here’s the recipe for this super easy, clean, delicious & simple pan-fried chicken! The marinade on this chicken is legit #GOALS! It’s sweet with a hint of spice, super flavourful & just the right amount of herby & garlicky. You will absolutely love it (& you’ll just absolutely positively love me for HOW EASY it is!).
All you need are a handful of ingredients (okay, maybe a few more!), a pan, a love for crispy chicken & just 15-20 minutes of your time! If you have the time, you can let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to let the flavours absorb & meld together a little more, but the recipe will still work perfectly if you don’t! WORRY NOT!
So what’s in it?! Just organic balsamic vinegar, pure organic maple syrup, raw organic Dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, cayenne, sea salt & black pepper & the chicken… OBV!
It’s great chopped into salads, fajitas, tortillas, bowls, wraps, lettuce wraps, chicken sandwiches on sprouted toast or simply devoured as is with some raw Dijon, sugar-free ketchup, Sriracha or BBQ sauce! It also makes for a great meal prep staple because of how versatile & easy it is to use!
Here’s how to make it babes!
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup (yacon syrup, coconut flower syrup or raw organic honey would be great with this recipe as well!
- 1 tbsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breast, sliced lengthwise into strips or cubed
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients until fully combined & incorporated.
- Add your chicken breasts to a large mixing bowl & pour the marinade over them. Toss to coat.
- If you have the time, let them marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. If not, you can cook them right away.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat & spray with avocado oil cooking spray. Once heated, add the chicken to the pan & allow to cook for about 7-8 minutes on each side, to achieve a nice golden brown crust.
- Flip the chicken over & cook the other side for another 6-7 minutes. You’ll know the chicken is cooked once there’s no juice left over & the outsides are browned & crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, plate it how you like & ENJOY!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate!