CHOPPED EGG GUACAMOLE ON SPROUTED TOAST TOPPED WITH ALFALFA SPROUTS! (a.k.a. Your beauty-boosting fibre, antioxidant & healthy fat packed lunch ready in 5!)
Sprouted toast is my jam: Our bodies are better able to absorb & digest all the vitamins & minerals found in the whole grains. Sprouting removes the phytic acid coating the grains, which is an enzyme inhibitor & one of the reasons many people suffer from indigestion & other sensitivities regarding gluten. Sprouted grains also contain more fibre & protein than their refined counterparts.
This guac is citrusy, spicy, “cheesy”, flavourful & ready in 2! All you gotta do is mash the avo & boiled egg, sprinkle paprika, nutritional yeast, sea salt, black pepper, Dijon, sriracha & fresh lemon & MIX!
Alfalfa sprouts are full of fibre, vitamin K, C & folate. They contain phytoestrogens, which reduce breast cancer risk, minimize menopause symptoms & excessive menstruation, build bone strength & prevent osteoporosis, lower blood glucose levels, are full of antioxidants & other anti-aging agents, which protect cells from damage, promote overall health, prevent disease & heal the skin, combat cholesterol & help boost collagen production & immunity.
I freaking LOVE avocado toast… like it’s just something that I will NEVER get enough of! And wanna know what makes it even better? When you mash a perfectly boiled yolky egg & mix it in with the avo… MY GOODNESS. I CAN’T. So delicious! So full of flavour! So creamy! And guess what? YOU DON’T EVEN NEED MAYO. I used Dijon instead of mayo to add that creaminess in a WAY healthier way!
- 1 slice sprouted sesame Ezekiel toast (or use gluten-free bread)
- 1 boiled egg (mashed)
- 1/2 avocado (mashed)
- 1/2 tsp. raw organic Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Nutritional yeast, black pepper & chilli flakes for topping
- Prepare the guac by mashing egg & avo & mixing. Add seasonings & spices & mix until combined.
- Toast your bread to desired doneness.
- Top the toast with guac, alfalfa sprouts, black pepper, chilli flakes & nutritional yeast & ENJOY! 🙂