Here’s a quick, easy & super simple dish you can meal prep this weekend, which makes for a great side or base for some lean or plant-based protein with a bit of sprouted or whole grains!
Rapini is part of the broccoli fam & contains vitamins A, C & K, B complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc & even some omega-3 fatty acids! It also contains cancer-fighting phytochemicals, prevents heart disease, detoxifies the liver, improves insulin sensitivity, promotes respiratory health & healthy digestion!
I make it a (very important) point to make sure I get enough greens every day because they are the most natural form of (& better than) MULTIVITAMINS, which means they provide all the vitamins & macro-minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium etc.) my body needs to perform & function optimally.
They also contain loads of fibre, which promotes healthy digestion & helps heal the gut.
The extremely high vitamin C content also boosts immunity, collagen production & repairs & nourishes the skin so that it’s able to replenish & renew its cells, killing off dead ones & revealing a clear & glowy complexion!
So to sum this recipe up: Full of benefits. Full of flavour. Full of greens. Full of deliciousness!
Here’s how to make it!
- 1 bunch of rapini, ends chopped & then sliced lenghtwise
- 1/2 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 1 heaping tbsp. of your fave dried herbs (anything from basil, oregano, parsley, cilantro, chives, thyme, rosemary, dill, etc. or a blend of them!).
- Black pepper & sea salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet & toss to coat.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat & sauté with a wooden spoon or spatula until rapini is fragrant, turns bright green & begins to wilt (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from the heat & enjoy! 🙂