ROASTED GREEK CHICKEN ON A BED OF RED ONION & SWEET POTATO, anyone?!
TRUST ME, YOU WANT IT.
I meal prepped this but this is totally something you could prepare as a main dish if you’re having guests over for dinner! Presentation-wise, you’ll kill it & don’t even get me started about flavour!!!
Recently, I’ve been loving roasting my chicken on a bed of a blend of veggies because there’s nothing like the added flavour of a roasted veggie! Usually, I go for onions, mushrooms, bell peppers or zucchini or a combination of those! For this recipe, I went with red onion & sweet potato! The natural sweetness of the roasted potato adds so much natural sweetness to complement all the citrusy savouriness of the chicken marinade! It’s also a great way to add some good carbs to the dish to make it a perfect combo of all your macros!
So why (else) should you make this? I mean… the pics should speak for themselves, but just because I LOVE TO RANT…
- Flavourful AF.
- Full of protein, good carbs, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals & antioxidants.
- Minimal ingredients.
- Little to no prep.
- Meal-prep friendly.
- WOW your guests!
- Ready in under 40 minutes.
WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?!
Oh right… the RECIPE!
- 1 package of extra-lean chicken breast
- Juice of two large lemons
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup organic white wine vinegar
- 2 heaping tbsp. of any Greek spice blend – I used the one by Club House (or 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tbsp. dried basil & sea salt & black pepper to taste)
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced lengthwise & halved
- 1 large red onion
- FOR SERVING: more dried herbs, fresh lemon & parsley/cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a deep dish baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place your chicken breast in a large bowl & season with lemon, garlic, white wine vinegar & spice blends. Toss to coat.
- Slice your veggies. Place them in the baking pan. Top the veggies with the coated & marinated chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Once roasted, broil on high for 6-7 minutes, until browned & crispy on the outside. Watch closely so that it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with fresh lemon & top with more oregano & basil!
- ENJOY! 🙂