SUGAR-FREE 5-INGREDIENT COCONUT GINGER MACAROONS…
Guys, you all need these in your life, RIGHT. FREAKING. NOW.
I can’t believe what I created!!!! If you like coconut & ginger or if you just like yummy clean & healthy home-baked treats, you will fall in absolute LOVE & ADORATION with these!
They can be yours in just under 15 minutes! All you need are 5 simple ingredients (or a few extras if you decide to sweeten them naturally), ONE mixing bowl, a baking sheet, your hands (duh!) & an oven!
They’re crumbly, naturally sweet, gluten-free, flourless, dairy-free & absolutely DELICIOUS! Unfortunately, I haven’t yet figured out a way to make these vegan because the egg whites are an essential ingredient, but if you do happen to find a way or you try to make these your own, please let me know in the comments below! I’d love your input & feedback!
Now, these aren’t just coconut ginger macaroons BECAUSE HAVE YOU MET ME? I also added some yellow maca for a natural boost of energy energy, skin health, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, essential fatty acids, fibre, plant protein, amino acids, stress & anxiety management, reduced fatigue, hormone balancing, libido-enhancing benefits & psyllium husks for fibre & gut health!
These benefits are not to mention all the benefits you’re getting from the coconut, ginger & egg whites!
COCONUT for healthy fats & fibre, which makes these babies a very satisfying snack that will keep you full for longer, may contribute to lower cholesterol & improve blood sugar control. It also contains manganese & copper. Manganese forms strong bones & processes cholesterol & copper forms red blood cells & boosts immune function.
GINGER for fighting infection, boosting digestion, reducing muscle pain & soreness, increasing circulation & blood flow, preventing certain types of cancer, reducing blood glucose levels & boosting heart function.
EGG WHITES for high quality complete protein that contains all essential amino acids (a.k.a. the ones our body cannot produce on its own), healthy weight maintenance, selenium a.k.a. antioxidants a.k.a. skin health a.k.a. anti-aging!
ALL THIS IN A MACAROON, U CRAY GIRL. Guys… I swear!!!!!!!
- 2 cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. organic raw yellow maca
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- OPTIONAL TO SWEETEN: 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract & 1 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup or raw organic honey (You might need to add a bit more coconut or husks if you add more liquid).
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Scoop 1.5 tbsp. sized balls & roll them into a macaroon shape, slightly flattening them & place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F until golden brown & crumbly on the outside.
- Let cool & enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge sealed in an airtight container!