Today, I had so much fun whipping up this smoothie recipe because I let myself get a bit adventurous & used some ingredients I’ve never tried in a smoothie in the past: COCONUT WATER & Vital Proteins COCONUT COLLAGEN CREAMER! And oh my goodness, I have to say that I am quite disappointed in myself for never having tried this delicious combo in the past!
This smoothie is creamy, delicious & so refreshing! The collagen creamer provides a good dose of protein, collagen & amino acids. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body & helps keep your gut healthy, digestion in check, muscles, ligaments & joints strong & skin, hair & nails glowing, youthful, plump, healthy & radiant! You can read more about all the benefits of collagen in my full blog post here if you’re interested: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
I added some raw yellow maca for a sustained boost of energy, stress relief & hormone balancing, coconut water for electrolytes, hydration & skin health, blueberries & dark tart cherries for antioxidants, fibre & vitamin C, cashew butter for healthy fats, which are anti-inflammatory, and therefore help heal the skin, gut & prevent any inflammatory disease or infection & protein to make this a filling & satisfying treat!
(BTW, PRO TIP: Make sure your coconut water is just 100% organic coconut water & that it contains no added ingredients or sugars! You don’t want to make a smoothie THIS healthy & then screw it up with refined sugars & ingredients that won’t make you feel good!).
I topped it off with some fresh crisp bluebs, bee pollen for an immunity boost & gut health & cacao nibs for disease-fighting antioxidants, magnesium & iron!
Here’s how to make it & to be on the road to GLOWING SKIN, A HAPPY GUT & AN ENERGIZED & STRESS-FREE YOU!
- 1/3 cup UNSWEETENED coconut water
- 2/3 cup homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk (OR any other plant-based milk of choice OR regular milk)
- 1 pack/scoop Vital Proteins coconut collagen creamer (If you don’t have it or prefer to use something else, just swap it for your fave collagen or protein powder!)
- 1/2 tbsp. raw yellow maca
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 5-6 frozen dark tart cherries
- 1 tbsp. raw organic cashew butter
- TOPPINGS: Bee pollen, raw organic cacao nibs & fresh bluebs
- Add all the smoothie ingredients to your blender jug & blend until combined & creamy!
- Pour, top with desired toppings & ENJOY! 🙂